Sunday 7 June 2020

Sunday

Good morning!  Well, we certainly got our long overdue rain yesterday.  Heavy showers on and off all day, accompanied by winds that were not worryingly strong but quite chilly.  After an early morning shop (cold!), I was glad to stay in for the rest of the day and just potter.

I was also glad because I felt rather weary.  I think we all have days like that at some time.  I had several snoozes through the day and still slept well so I must have needed them!

I was going to meet Beth down the allotment but we are both fair weather gardeners and have decided it's too chilly and too damp, although I think it's going to be dryer again today.  Beth has to be out of the house tomorrow morning (another Alex exam) so we will meet then instead.  There's a few tasks to do; we need to tighten up the screws on the table and the protective metal 'shoes' for the table have arrived so we need to get them on.  Not difficult at all, just a job for two people.
Plus, of course, the ongoing weeding - the back third needs a good going over and, after the rain, the weeds nearer the front will also be fighting back.
It'll probably be too damp to mow, but that's near the top of the list, to be done as soon as possible.

So that's what I'm NOT doing today!  I think that I need a nice walk out along one of the country lanes and maybe through the new housing development.  My brain needs some fresh air and it should warm me up.  Yesterday was so cold that I kept the heating up all day.

What are your plans for today?  Whatever they are, have a happy time and be safe.  xx

13 comments:

  1. Sorry you had an off day yesterday lets hope today you feel more like yourself and have a nice day it is still cold here but not as cold as yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. It still feels cold here - my hands haven't warmed up yet but I'm just off up for a nice, hot bath! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hope it stays dry enough for you to enjoy your walk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already clouding over and the sun has gone. It doesn't look all that positive. SHame.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hope your weariness has gone today. There's still a really cold wind here, not gardening weather, rain here too at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for that. It was badly needed. It still feels pretty chilly here as well and I'm grateful for a warm house.
      xx

      Delete
  4. High 80's and low 90...humid here...unusual for this area so early in the year. Day 86 of isolation for me. I have been to get air in tires, one takeout, and to sit in the family's yard for an hour...we are still having cases of the virus and deaths in this city, and the city is also on curfew for the riots, protests, etc. I have done well, and I am not sure when I will feel comfortable going out and about. Thankfully, family drops off groceries for me, etc. etc. enjoy your day, and I hope you feel ok...can't believe cold there. I was in England in June 2006 and July 2008...London, Stratford upon Avon, Warwick Castle, Oxford...etc...Shakespeare grant...with 20 teachers. I remember going down the first day to the lobby of the hotel to inform them my air conditioner wasn't working. they chuckled-Americans. I was on the second floor over the KITCHEN...it was so so hot. I opened the windows, despite the lack of safety...it was so so so hot...that was June. When we went back two years later...I had a room higher up, overlooking the park, but I still had my windows open. The B & B in Stratford was hot too...other than the oppressing heat, I fell in love with the area...and wanted to go back...doubtful at this age...my granddaughter's semester was cut short at Bristol U...something she has planned for-years and years...alas....I ramble...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramble away, my dear. No problem!
      I do feel sorry for your granddaughter's disappointment, it's so very sad for students who are missing out on unrepeatable experiences.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hello, Joy, not looked in for a while and now I read you've had rain! We've had none, or none to speak of. A few drops overnight, but only sufficient to make the path around the back of the house look damp! I hope you are keeping well and coping with lockdown.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Margaret. We've had a lot more rain since this morning - I really can't complain, the ground was so very dry.
      I'm very well, thank you. I hope you are too.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Days like that are lovely. Gentle and easy going. I hope it's been good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of rain and wind here yesterday. Today was nice, but tomorrows forecast calls for yet more rain. I hope you had a lovely walk.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks, Jackie. I've just posted a few photos in today's entry. It was lovely to get out and about a bit.
      xx

      Delete