Wednesday 10 June 2020

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  After a warm and sunny day yesterday, the rain is back today.  Shouldn't complain, even if I do!!

Yesterday turned out to be a very pleasant day.  I got two loads of washing done and dried, the SW Zoom meeting was good, as was the chat with Chris, and the walk to the allotment was really pleasant in the warm sunshine.  As expected, the weeds are fighting back but we will deal with them at some point.  The veggies hadn't grown as much as I expected, perhaps because it's been quite cold.  It's milder now so fingers crossed!

The only not so great thing about yesterday was that I couldn't find my keys.  I know I had them indoors because if I'd lost them outside I wouldn't have been able to get back in, so it wasn't a panic, just a puzzle.
I searched high and low, took all the cushions off the chairs, emptied my handbag, checked the waste paper baskets, moved all the furniture - nothing.
So I fired off a text to Beth - did she, by any chance, accidentally take my keys with her on Monday.  No, came the reply.
Very odd.  I found the spare keys and did my walk to the allotment and back and when I got home again Beth sent another message.  Grovel, grovel, yes, she had them, she thought they were her own keys, she'd bring them over.  Well, what a relief.  No need for her to turn out so she's bringing them over this morning.
So that sorted that drama out!

In the garden, the tomatoes are coming on well, even if they haven't grown so much at the allotment.  So looking forward to being able to go out, pick and eat!




The next days are starting to look like the busy olden days before Lockdown.

Today Beth is round (Al's last exam) and I have personal training.
Tomorrow Beth and (I are off up to Letchworth to see Dad.  So looking forward to this.
On Friday, Jackie and I are off to Hyde Hall.
On Saturday it's allotment (hopefully), personal training and then straight into having a barbecue to celebrate Alex's end of exams.

Blimey!!!!  I will be exhausted by Sunday!

We were going to meet down the allotment this morning so Beth is coming here because of the rain.  It looks set for the day, more or less, so personal training will be online again rather than in Lindsey's garden.  Never mind, I'm glad it is still all happening.

Better stop now as Beth is about to arrive and I must get the kettle on.  Stay safe, stay dry and have a lovely day.  xx



11 comments:

  1. Sunday had better be your day of rest after all these new excitements!

    Pouring here since early and one of my pipes that goes from one water butt to another has failed so it's being wasted. - grrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, what a right nuisance! Is it mendable?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Very happy, yes indeed. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pouring with rain here today and I'm sure the gardens are thankful for it. Your tomatoes appear to be growing well.
    I tried to book a slot for the National Trust garden yesterday but they only have availability until this weekend, slots for next week will become available on Friday, so I will try again then. It will be nice to have something a little different to look forward to.
    You must have been relieved to get your keys back. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, yes, it was a nuisance not having them to hand!
      Good luck with booking something for next week. I'm sure there will be plenty of slots, if you book nice and early.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Just think of all those lovely tomatoes when they ripen. Tony once put his car keys in the kitchen bin.. We turned the house upside down until I got him to backtrack his movements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about the bin. I'd just put a whole bag of rubbish out in the big bin and was so glad I wasn't going to have to go through it all!
      I am now determined always to put them in the lovely key bowl I keep on the side.
      xx

      Delete
  5. A busy day for you, it is nice to dry the washing outside. I'm delighted that I have flowers on my tomatoes and I thought I'd started them off late. Nothing beats your own tomato warm from the sun.. glad you found your keys, so annoying We use that Bullion for soups etc, I like a beef oxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of them have flowers but not all yet. Won't be long though and another good dose of sunshine will bring them on no end. Side shooting isn't quite daily yet but has to be done every other day.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Have you got flowers on your tomatoes yet? Mine are still stubbornly green and not as tall as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on some. Fear not, they will flower when they are ready.
      xx

      Delete