Thursday 1 August 2019

Thursday

Good morning, everyone and a Pinch and a Punch for the First of the Month!  Can you believe that it is now August?  Time really does fly and, being such an early waker, it is very obvious that the nights are gradually getting longer again as dusk comes sooner and dawn delays for a few minutes each day.

Five days before I set off on my adventure (an adventure for me anyway)!  Yesterday I looked up the weather in Figeac (the nearest town to where I'm staying) and it was just like here - temps in the 20s, a bit of rain, some sun, some cloud.  I can cope with that and I was relieved as it can be very hot round there (I was told).

It was supposed to be quite a full morning yesterday but it ended up not.  Jeff came and sorted a few garden things out for me and then I pootled off for a very enjoyable tuition session.
Sadly, I got a message from C that she would have to cancel the coffee and chat due to a family 'thing' and I totally agreed.  Family comes first every time.

The lovely Sharon appeared bang on time and got my holiday hair ready.  She didn't cut it much, she just thinned it and reshaped it at the bottom and it looked really nice, I think.

The big garden news is that I picked four runner beans!!  I want to share them with Dad and there will be a few more to pick before I set off tomorrow so I prepped these and popped them in the freezer.  We will have them on Saturday as we're eating at the Millstream on Friday evening.

It's been a bit worrying this week (well, very, really) as my Son was admitted to hospital at the beginning of the week with bad gastro-enteritis of some kind.  I've been banned from visiting!!  test results back yesterday show that he has salmonella which is nasty but not 'dangerous' as such and they won't be letting him out until he shows more improvement so I know he's well looked after.  No idea where he picked that up though.

Today is a busy morning again.
I'm picking Beth up at nine and we're going to look at a weekly 'village fair' in Writtle.  I had no idea they did this each week so we're going to see what it's all about.
Then we are off into town.  Beth has some financial stuff to do and then we're going on a phone hunt and we're going to catch a big one!
Wish me luck!  Then it's home again and I will do some clothes sorting and generally potter around tidying up and keeping myself occupied and away from food until SW group this evening.

It should be a good day and I hope yours is too.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read your son is unwell, Joy. I hope he's soon on the mend.
    Good luck on your phone hunt. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your son's hospital stay, salmonella poisoning is no fun at all and I expect there will be a thorough investigation by the hospital and authorities. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the salmonella it is nasty but as you say he is in the best place so lets hope they get him up and running again soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year is whizzing by!

    I'm sorry to hear about your son and hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I haven't heard any more so we are assuming tere's no disasters or regression. It really has not been fun for him, not at all, poor chap.

    And I got my phone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry,that your son is ill and I 'd wish you luck,greetins and hugs from Ann

    ReplyDelete