Saturday 24 August 2019

Saturday

Hi de hi, everyone.  It's a bit misty right now but the forecast is for warm, sunny weather, maybe even touching 29C around here so it's arbour cushions out, nice reclining garden chair set up and maybe meals out in the garden (unless it's too hot)!  Better put a jug of water in the fridge too.

Yesterday sauntered through the hours, behaving itself nicely with only one excitement.  That was when the power suddenly went off.  At first I thought the TV had broken but then realised it was everything.  As usual, several people on the cul de sac all met out the front to check it 'wasn't just us' before going back in to spend an hour doing something really useful like reading a book or magazine in the garden.
The word is that someone cut through a cable.  There's fairly extensive works going on around here so I wouldn't be in the least surprised if that's indeed what it was.

This morning, I am off into town to explore the street market and may very well come home with foody stuff enough to tempt me off SW for a day or so.  I must remember that I am NOT short on fruit and veg and, yes, I have plenty of herbs and spices, thank you!

One sad thing - sort of sad for me anyway.  Some of you may remember that I treated myself to a couple of coats last year from the new Holly Willoughby range in M&S and very nice they were too - well, the one I wore was very nice, the other I set aside for this year.  Anyway, I tried the worn one on and - you can guess, can't you - it is now way too big.  That means the other one is too.  I'm pretty gutted about that as they're nice coats, fully lined, etc, etc.  Beth's going to try to sell them on eBay for me so we will see.

And a happy thing - many, many moons ago, in the dark ages, my then husband bought me a most beautiful coat that cost an absolute fortune, at a time when I had worked very hard to lose my baby weight and was as slim as I ever have been (didn't last long because I got preggy again!).  I loved that coat so I tucked it away and brought it with me when I moved out.  Anyway, I tried it on last night and, yes, it now fits!  Buttoned up and everything!  The only thing is that it's quite long so I will have to think about having it professionally shortened.  Woo hoo!  So, what with that plus the things I have inherited from Mum, I am more than well set up in the winter coat department.

But I am sad about those two coats, all the same.

The coffee is going down a treat and time is ticking along so I will stop rambling now and get the day started.  Thanks for listening and have a lovely day, whatever your plans.  xx

4 comments:

  1. Always sad when a favourite clothing has to go, at least it's for a very positive reason!

    Those damsons look lovely on yesterday's post, reminds me of the last time I bought some when I decided to make Delia's damson chutney, ended up a total disaster, it just wouldn't set and I boiled it and boiled it. In the end I poured it into the jars regardless and when it was cold it had turned into concrete! Had to throw the whole lot, including the jars, into the bin. To this day I don't know what went wrong, I was convinced everything was weighed correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very odd as it obviously was set - over-set by the end - just not showing as set when you did the test. What a shame!

      Good point about the clothes - I'd rather it was that way than the opposite!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Shame about the coats hope they sell well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather but that's life. Because I had so much to lose, I guess it was inevitable that some clothes would only last a very short time before needing to be handed on. I honestly thought these coats would do but they won't, especially when I remember I have another ten pounds to go before target.
      xx

      Delete