Wednesday 4 July 2018

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.   Announcing the weather is getting somewhat monotonous, isn't it?  More sun, more warmth, no complaints - well, only one and that is that the soil is now so dry.  It wasn't even humid yesterday, morning and evening were both fresh and breezy and it was just gorgeous.

Well, the box arrived mid morning (very convenient), it didn't bite me, the set up instructions were perfectly clear even for a techno-idiot, I was able to find where everything was supposed to go, it did most of it without me and now I just have to learn how it all works.  Did I say 'just'?  It looks awful complicated!  I have sussed how to record but not how to include the subtitles on the recording (I know you can, Dad does) and I have discovered where BBC iPlayer is. 
I need to spend some sessions with the instruction manual, just trying things out, I think.
However, sadly, it looks as if I need a smart telly to get Youtube and sundry other bits and pieces so I am seriously considering it now. 
This means that I will maybe come to a decision sometime just before Christmas!  :-)

Sharon came, worked her magic and went.  My hair is one of the few things I am perfectly satisfied with and Sharon does it just the way I want.  She's a treasure, she really is, and the fact that she does it at my home is the icing on the cake.

After some intensive tuition (algebra), Beth came round and after dinner we popped to guess where to do some watering.  Beth had noticed that one of the potatoes might be ready so we forked it up.  No, it wasn't really, but I did come home with a good single portion of titchy little ones for my dinner tonight.  We also shared a few golden raspberries which got eaten straight away (so delicious) and planned to meet up there at the weekend to water, weed and properly thin the apple trees, the pear tree having dealt with it itself.  All being well, barring accidents, we should have a bumper crop of apples and pears this year although we can count the plums on the fingers of both hands.

Today Matt the Plumber was going to arrive early to give my boiler its annual service, sort out the condensate pipe that gave me such trouble during the extremely cold weather and start discussing what I want him to do with my bathroom.  However, he emailed yesterday to say could he come this afternoon instead, which works very well for me as this afternoon's tuition has been cancelled (family birthday).  So this morning is free of appointments and I shall do some ironing (three loads washed and dried yesterday), sort a few things out, sweep the patio and generally potter before going to hear readers in Y1.

It should be a really pleasant day!

4 comments:

  1. Having just seen the forecast, there doesn't appear to be a break in this weather here for at least the next couple of weeks. It's lovely, and really feels like Summer for once, but the gardens are becoming in desperate need of some water and I am a little fed up of having to put sun cream on every day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watering can weather, isn't it? I'm glad I only have a small garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always used to hate going to the hairdressing salon so, after a couple of tries, have now found a lovely lady who comes to my house. I have naturally curly hair and have always struggled to find someone who understands how to cut it properly but Gemma is a whizz with it - apparently her mum has the same sort of hair as me so she's had plenty of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes such a difference, doesn't it? We're both lucky.

    ReplyDelete