Tuesday 17 July 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  So here I am, back home having slept in my own bed again and it's a gorgeous morning.  Sunny, clear blue skies, not a hint of humidity and a lovely breeze keeping the air moving.  So different from the weekend which was solid heat and very humid.  If it were always like this, I would be a happy girl.  Well, OK, rain too, but that would fall overnight in my ideal weather world.

The journey home was slow-ish - it's a country route and there are lorries and farm vehicles - but no real holdups.  Even the road works outside Bishops Stortford seem to be more or less finished and the road is clear again after months of frustration so thank goodness.

I stopped off at the allotment to water and to dig up another potato plant and there were also raspberries and four good sized courgettes.  Once home, after throwing open all the windows and turning on all the fans (it was SO hot), I gave the plants a welcome home drink and found three runner beans ready to go with the one dad gave me and very delicious they were too, with the new potatoes and chicken for dinner.  There will be more in a few days.

After lunch, I went into school for a meeting at which I was wearing my governor's hat.  The head's room is air conned so we were extremely comfortable.
Then it was home for tuition and more good news about school reports (my students seem to have done rather well, which is most satisfying) and after that, sone Dave came round for a quick financial get together.
Finally it was a late dinner and a few more episodes of Doctor Who before bed!  Perfect.

This morning I've already given the garden its morning drink and picked the ripe blueberries which will go with yesterday's raspberries on my muesli.  There's not loads but they will taste great and those golden berries look so colourful.  I must remember to put some more yogurt on to make or I will run out and that mustn't happen.  I love my yogurt!

I have a friend round for lunch today, arranged ages ago and only just remembered (yesterday).  I'll make a load of salad so there will be some for dinner tonight which will be a picnic at the allotment with Beth again.  Unfortunately, the weeds took advantage of my weekend away to grow behind my back, cheeky things, so I guess I will be weeding while Beth waters.

It should be a very pleasant day and I have put the arbour cushions out in expectation of time to read my newly acquired book while the wind rustles the birch leaves, the birds sing and the insect hum busily around my tomatoes and runner beans.

Bliss!


Edit - Eloise, I have left you an answer under Saturday's entry which you might find helpful.




9 comments:

  1. You mention a newly acquired book but not it's title … food is lovely, but man (or woman) doesn't live by bread (or home produced fruit and veg!) alone … which book?
    I am currently re-reading Joanna Trollope's The Choir and very good it is, too.
    Enjoy your lunch with your friend, Joy.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your final paragraph describes a perfect day ... enjoy yourself. I agree (again!) with Margaret .... which book? Book recommendations are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On perfect days like this it reminds me of the Darling Buds of May. I would also be tempted to read a Miss Read book!
    Have a lovely day and remember in your next post to tell us the title of your good book - I think we are all curious to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. < grin > I will mention it in tomorrow's post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the small harvest and the colours of those berries are delicious, yes I mean delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature's palette is better than anything from the art shop, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing quite like ones own bed, Joy!

    Thanks for the runner bean info. Husband is going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elouse? I don't know where that came from! ELOISE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a weird name variation. :-)

    Good luck with the runners. Worth a go for the cost of a packet of seeds, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete