Monday 16 July 2018

Monday

Good morning!
It was so hot here yesterday.  I've coped with this hot weather pretty well really but yesterday was a bit too much, it really was.  It didn't help that I had three loads of washing to dry and iron and, yes, I needed to because I'm at my parents and coming home this morning.  If I go up to help out, I'm not leaving them with a pile of ironing!  :-)

While ironing, I watched Wimbledon, turning over at three to avoid the World Cup.  Why they couldn't just have the football on BBC2 beats me.  It's not as if people don't have access to BBC2!  Anyway, I felt that it was something of an anticlimax really.  I suppose they would have been tired after such long semis.  I enjoyed it, but it wasn't edge of the seat stuff.

Today feels like a busy day.  After driving home, when I will stop off at the allotment to water (not great timing but probably the best I can do).  I have a meeting in school this afternoon followed by tuition.  I'll probably crash out come the evening!

Have a lovely day - maybe the weather will be less fierce today.  Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. By yesterday, Joy, both husband and I had got browned off (as well as the grass!) with football and tennis! We half-watched both for a short while and then did other things. Not a lot, because it was so hot, but just wandering from room to room, and garden to summerhouse, and making cups of tea or cool drinks (my favourite is still sparkling iced water with lime cordial.)
    I feel truly washed out now, hoping for rain, but not a sign of it yet. Some silly chaps in our Close were using hoses to wash their cars yesterday (not husband, I might add) … don't they realize that before long, if we don't have rain, there will be a hosepipe ban if people do not take more care and don't waste water? Water crops by all means, we need food, but washing cars? Silly people make me mad. They're nice people but just plain silly.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Margaret, it's unnecessary and a real waste. And thank you - I knew there was a good reason why my car is so filthy-dusty. Not laziness at all, it's conservation awareness, of course. :-)
    Hopefully the weather will break soon and you will feel more on top of things again. I do feel for people who have to work, especially outside, and commuting can't be much fun either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're supposed to have rain today but so far there is no sign of it. It didn't rain yesterday on St Swithin's Day so there'll be no rain for 40 days if the legend holds true!

    Thank you also to Margaret for explaining that I am conserving water and that's the reason why my car is so dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some places had rain, lucky them!
    (whispers: it's a good excuse, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have drizzle at the moment - lovely.
    It was so hot at work today - I feel like a little furnace stove that is still giving out heat.
    My replacement came today - she is really nice - I could work with her easily - if I were staying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drizzle! How wonderful. Please send some this way if you have any to spare.
    I'm glad your replacement is lovely but retirement will be more lovely! Give it six months and you will wonder how you ever found the time to work. :-)
    (OK, it took me more like 18 months to get to that point, but I did, eventually!)

    ReplyDelete