Wednesday 28 February 2024

Wednesday, 28-02-24

Good evening, everyone.  How has your day gone?

It's been another fairly lazy day for me today.  I started off fairly busy in the kitchen, prepping and making my meals for today and also prepping some food for when the girls come round on Friday.  
I did actually prep for Friday on Monday but the frying vegetables caught at the bottom of the pan, I thought I could get away with it and added the mince and finished the sauce and then realised it was bothering me.  I won't waste it, I will have it myself, I just didn't feel comfortable serving it to others.
I now have a better version waiting for Friday.  It's a sort pasta thing with lasagne vibes - a mince and veg tomato base, fusilli in cheese sauce poured over the top and baked in the oven until browned.  The others are bringing starter, salad and dessert so that's all I have to do - apart from a vegetarian version for Beth.
I'll likely do pretty much the same thing with the earlier, less satisfactory version and freeze it in single portions.  No way will I waste it just for a few burnt bits

Late morning, I got a message from Lindsey - there was a bit of an emergency and she had to cancel personal training today.  After some message exchanging, I'm going to do PT and SET back to back on Saturday morning.  That should work fine and keeps things up to date - I do SET as part of my Snippets membership, you see.  
A good thing is that I can test if the shake part of my alarm clock works.  Must dig it out tomorrow and set it up.  Fingers crossed.

I do feel nice and tidy now that the lovely Sharon has sorted my hair out for the next six weeks.  I'm so lucky to have her.  It's pretty short this time but it does grow pretty fast.  The next appointment is the week before my Center Parcs break which is great timing!

And I remembered to read the gas meter and send off the numbers.  I don't get a quarterly bill until April but I am very comfortably in credit so no worries.  I wonder how long before they drop my monthly payments again - after all, the heaviest usage will be over by then.  We will see.

Tomorrow morning starts with Thursday's SET online and then Chris is round for coffee and chat.  Depending on the weather, I might pop out to a garden centre and look around but if it's wet (it's supposed to be), I will probably stay in and do some sorting out, etc, etc, etc.

Sleep well, everyone, and sweet dreams.  xx

16 comments:

  1. We had a quorn mince version with pasta and grated cheese last night for dinner and it was lovely! Great timing for your next hair appointment. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious. To be honest, I'm a sucher for anything cheesy! I love the stuff.
      Yes, it was great timing. I'm glad about that. xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good day and that you have a nice new haircut. It always makes me feel better when my hairdresser has been to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. It's mood lifting - I love it. Sharon is such a lovely lady too. xx

      Delete
  3. Your meal sounds very lovely. Congratulations on the new haircut, those always make us feel much better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that, isn't it? It's not as if I look particularly that much better but it's very cheering. A bit of pampering, I guess. xx

      Delete
  4. You are so well organized with your meal preparations, I really admire that. I continually leave things to the last minute and invariably run out of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be ahead. :-) This one is easy, of course - just part of one course to make so there's plenty of time for making sure downstairs is fit to be seen, table is laid, etc, etc, etc. xx

      Delete
  5. I like cheesy dishes, too. I used to give up cheese for Lent . . . x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's what I call sacrificial - much more so than chocolate . . . xx

      Delete
  6. I love it about a week after my hair has been cut, when it's settled in and I don't feel so 'scalped', so that appointment would be perfect timing for a holiday for me. That sounds like you will have a lovely meal together, everyone doing one course is a great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really lightens the load, doesn't it? Not too much work for anyone.
      My head feels lovely and light now. Quite different. xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Joy, That's great that you have a credit with the gas meter. My gas bill at the cottage was quite high this month. I may switch to an electric oil heater and see if it's cheaper. I like the wood heat at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing cosier than a real log fire, is there, even if it isn't the most economical way to heat a home. You've had some very cold weather, I think? I guess that's why the bill is up.
      Over here, electricity used to be much more expensive than gas but not any more. xx

      Delete
  8. Well done with the meal prep. I need to do more of that. Once I'm back home I'll have to get back into the groove of things.
    I really need a haircut! I haven't had one since before I came here and I'm having to brush my fringe out of my eyes so I can see lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a long fringe but not that long - it's irritating, isn't it?
      Good luck with the meal prepping once you're home again. xx

      Delete