Friday 2 February 2024

Friday, 02-02-24

Good morning, everyone.  How are you today?  February has started, the days are getting longer, the early evenings lighter and the sun is a bit higher in the sky.  The spring bulbs are showing and the snowdrops are out.  There's not much of a show here as the were pretty disturbed while the walls were being rebuild at the end of last year and this year I really must remember to take a few photos to help me remember where they need replenishing - all the bulbs, not just the snowdrops.
I do love to see those fresh, green spikes showing against the dark earth.

As the BBC promised, yesterday was a lovely day, sunny and mild.  Today doesn't look nearly as promising but it's expected to stay dry all the same.  I'll take that with gratitude!

After my online SET class (energetic) and my coffee and chat at Chris' house, I finished off the ironing, finished auditing the freezer and made a meal plan for the coming week - it's not tablets of stone but it's a helpful guide and informs my shopping list which is pretty tiny this week.  I finished off the SEND report and sent that off, much to my relief.
Then I did some tidying.
I realised that a lot of the above (not all) was avoidance tactics so I gave myself a ticking off, got out the window cleaning stuff and started with the garden room as those windows were awful.  They're much better now although I think I'll give them another going over reasonably soon.  I also did both the French windows and the little living room window on the outside before starting to feel just a bit chilly.
I'll do the insides today - they're nowhere near as bad - and, as the upstairs windows are tilt and turn, I can get them done much more easily and without going outside.

And I have just remembered that the shed door has some glass in it so I'll do that first.

First of all, though, it is Slimming World (back on it properly now) and my little shop, then home and breakfast.
Not a busy day at all so should be nice and restful.

16 comments:

  1. I'm also rather adept at avoidance tactics :) so well done for getting your windows done. The few days of sunshine we've had highlighted the state of my own windows, so that will probably be a job for the weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only negative I can think of for when the sun shines . . . I had to make myself start but I'm glad I did. xx

      Delete
  2. I always plan to do inside windows after the window cleaner has done outside but sometimes I seem to forget!
    Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be very easy to forget, can't it? ;-) xx

      Delete
  3. No sun here today - at least, none forecast, but it's the weekend:-) It shouldn't make a difference in retirement, but somehow it does! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a difference for me too. I think we need that punctuation to our days.
      And the sun is out right now. It's lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm naughty I don't do the insides of the windows often enough, maybe a couple of times a year and always just after the window cleaner has done the outsides so I know that the streaks are all mine. But my excuse is that all but one door is hidden behind voiles. What I can't see I don't have to clean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Window cleaning - one of those tasks that's I'm always tempted to put off until another day............probably gets done twice a year, but I do find the window Karcher thingy helps speed it up
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, I agree. Easy to use and it's just the corners and edges that need a bit of a wipe around. I am trying to do them once a month which is what the cleaners used to do. xx

      Delete
  6. Your idea of restful is quite different than mine. :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > I'm sure it is! I find it difficult to do nothing; I suppose that's why I always have a knitting project or similar on the go. xx

      Delete
  7. I love clean windows. Here in Canada it's not a priority. I have never seen any of my neighbours clean their windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they must do them at some point, otherwise they'd look pretty grubby. Or maybe they are done professionally? xx

      Delete
  8. Cleaning windows is a job I leave to my husband, though I have been know to clean the insides of windows he has missed.
    It has been very cloudy here today, but at least the snow is still melting. Should be all gone before we get our next fix.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Chris' husband always does their windows. I tell her she should rent him out but she hasn't taken me up on that! :-)
      xx

      Delete