Sunday 18 February 2024

Sunday, 18-02-24

Morning, everyone.  It's raining, mild and just starting to get light and I need to dodge the raindrops to get to the freezer in the shed.  I am very glad I did the planting out yesterday as it doesn't look as if I would want to do it today.

This is what I did with them.

This is round the back, in front of the middle bed (for now)
One of the pots at the front.
And the other pot - a nice welcome for visitors.

They're not very colourful yet, particularly the violas but give them a fortnight or so and they should look really nice, I hope.

I need to chuck in some slow release fertiliser pellets as well - I'm not sure the soil I used is that great.

The few that were left just went into the strip at the front.
Not great colour/focus.  Sorry.

And, finally, in the foreground are two of the bulbs I moved from a container I needed to empty last weekend.  I expected them to just die back but one is in bud and should flower soon.  That is an added bonus.

Apart from the gardening, I stayed in and did homey stuff.  I'm still knitting scarves to take to Potters in April - they have a Knit and Natter thing whereby guests can sit in the Orangerie (I think it's there), grab some needles and yarn and knit a square which will then be sewn into a scarf for a charity to distribute to the homeless for winter 24/25.  As I'm doing it at home, I'm just carrying on for the whole scarf rather than making squares that need sewing together and it's really reducing my stash.

I might pop out somewhere today, depending on the weather, but it's much more likely that I will chill at home and just potter around doing bits and bobs that need sorting.  I want to go through my Pinch of Nom books and find some nice recipes to try; I always enjoy going through their books.  I have a friend coming round on Thursday who also does Slimming World so it will be nice to find something for then.

Well, it's getting lighter but the rain is still quite heavy so I'd better not go to the shed in slippers.  As if we hadn't had enough rain already!!  Hopefully, it won't spoil any plans you have for today.  Have a good 'un, everyone, and stay warm and dry.  zxx


14 comments:

  1. Think The roads round here will be back to being flooded again - it just goes on and on!
    Have a dry day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fields are waterlogged here and there's great puddles on them. Round here doesn't flood much but out of town it is bound to be under water in places. It has to stop at some point but in the meanwhile I feel for people in vulnerable areas. xx

      Delete
  2. Your plants look lovely and will be even better in a couple of weeks. It's so satisfying to fill planters. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping so. Violas do fill out quickly anyway. I like pots/planters. They are so 'flexible'. On the other hand, they need more watering (but not at the moment!) xx

      Delete
  3. I spy your daffodils-much further ahead than ours. Your pots look lovely and such a promise of Spring. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a mild corner of the UK and my garden is quite sheltered anyway. It all helps. xx

      Delete
  4. Your pots look good, a bit of warm weather and they should flourish. We had really heavy rain last night, roll on the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, please. We all need some consistent sunshine, don't we? xx

      Delete
  5. So much rain here in the last 24 hours, thank goodness we live at the top of a hill.
    Once again I find myself baking to keep spirits up, today it was mincemeat cake, some people call it Belgian cake and a choc chip cookie tray bake - chic chip cookies that you slice into squares, slightly easier on the prep.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilltop sounds a very safe place 0 as far as floods are concerned anyway!
      I love the sound of your bakes - I bet they are irresistible. xx

      Delete
  6. Isn't it lovely to see the spring flowers, nice pots Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. They should look very p[retty in a few weeks, I hope. xx

      Delete
  7. The flowers look really lovely. I'm so jealous! It will be a while here I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. Your turn will come and you must have lovely flowers we don't get in the UK, I am sure. And that lake . . . so lovely! xx

      Delete