Wednesday 14 February 2024

Wednesday, 14-02-24

My goodness, half way through February (pretty much) already - can you believe it?  Morning, everyone, Welcome to Wednesday and, I have just remembered, Valentine's Day, not that it bothers me nowadays!  😊

It's a dull, dismal start to the day, carrying on from yesterday when I set out for Groove having hung out some early morning washing and had to bring it back in when I got home because it was raining.  Not to worry, it dried inside and it did get a bit of a blow in the fresh air which is nice for tea towels and cloth wipes.  All ironed now and I will be taking it all off the airer and putting it away in a few minutes' time.
Groove was good although I didn't feel as much energy as usual and my shoulders/upper arms were aching after Monday.  They still are - not the 'ooops, I've done some damage' ache, just a 'maybe I pushed it a bit too far' ache.  I'll know better if the new thing is used next week and be a bit more careful but it shows I was exercising good and proper!  And ibuprofen works wonders, if really necessary!

After we got back, Chris and I parted company, I went in, straight out to get the washing in and hung up inside and then had breakfast.

The rest of the day was just the usual stuff - bit of housework, bit of meal prep, bit of tidying and so on and so forth.  I didn't go out again but maybe I will pop over to one of our many garden centres today - and, yes, it really is just for looking although the chances are I will come back with some bedding plants as well.  

As it is Wednesday, it is personal training later on so I'll be getting out for that anyway which will be nice.

Are you doing anything special today - a nice meal, a cosy evening with a loved one . . . ?  Have a lovely day, whether you are or aren't and stay warm and dry . . .  xx

14 comments:

  1. Another wet day here again and the morning will be consumed by a Teams meeting. If I angle the camera right, I make be able to crack on with my knitting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your cunning plan. Fingers crossed it works. xx

      Delete
  2. Dreary weather here too, but its supposed to be brighter at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping. It's lovely when the sun shines. xx

      Delete
  3. It's undecided here - bit mizzly and breezy at present but it might cheer up later. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still wet and dismal here. I don't feel as cold as yesterday though. xx

      Delete
  4. It's raining here but according to the met office it isn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops! Maybe it will clear up soon. xx

      Delete
  5. A very dismal day here - I'm making a little more effort than usual with our main meal, but as we'll probably eat it in front of the telly I'm wondering why 😉😄
    I'm making a Mary Berry chocolate roulade, but that's because I enjoy baking and it's something to do on a rainy Wednesday. It's simple enough to make until it comes to the rolling up of course and then anything can happen!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember even Mary didn't get it perfect - or maybe I'm thinking of Delia. I bet it will be absolutely delicious! xx

      Delete
  6. That's great that you can dry your laundry inside the house. I have been hanging mine out in the sunshine in California. Today will be the sheets and towels. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so much nicer to get the washing dried in the fresh air, isn't it? How lovely. xx

      Delete
  7. We had sun here again today. It was colder than yesterday, but the sun shone all day. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to get the washing dry. It started snowing here today. There won't be a lot of it, but it is sticking a bit to the ground. I'm hoping it will be gone from the roads by Saturday so I can go out.

    ReplyDelete