Monday 4 May 2020

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  Fingers crossed for nicer weather today.  It wasn't exactly bad yesterday, just cold and dull and we've had rain overnight. 

As expected, yesterday was a nice, rambly day.  By that I mean I meandered from one thing to another without any overall pattern or plan - and very nice it was too.  My stroll around the allotment was great, exchanging a few words with other holders (safely at a distance, of course) and I took the netting off the beans and carefully hoed between the plants so that all looks better again, replacing the netting afterwards.  It wasn't too muddy so I dealt with some of those nasty, pernicious weeds that had dared to show their head again after all my hard work and I noted, with extreme satisfaction, that the potatoes are now showing.  I'll give them an earthing at the end of the week.

The other biggie was having a good old online vid-chat with my friend, Faith.  Faith and I go back a long way.  We were both involved in local music festivals in the day and she was my SEN cover teacher for several years, taking my class one day a week while I had SENCo time.  She hadn't realised that one could chat via Messenger so I suspect it's opened up a social channel for her.  We've agreed to chat again at the end of the week.

I finished the cauliflower (which looks OK) and started a banana, rather coming to grief half way through.  I shall have to watch the clip a few more times, just to get my head round what she's doing as the instructions only support, not give all the information.

I've decided I'm getting more than a bit tired with those 'headings' I've been using so I'm going to stop using them.  They've served their purpose which was to make sure each day was varied.

Today I'm starting with a trip to the allotment.  I want to fork over the other prepared strip, the part that will be taking the courgettes, squashes and gherkins.  When I've done that, I might set up the tall wigwams for the gherkins so they are ready and then count out the canes for the runner bean row.  I'm umming and ahhing about whether to plant the runners in pots or straight into the ground.  Decisions, decisions!

I'll probably be pretty muddy when I get home so a shower might be in order before breakfast.  Then I must get some washing in - or maybe I will get it in before the allotment so, if the weather works, I can get it straight out.  I have ironing, crocheting, a chat with Beth and sundry other things to do so the day should go quickly.

Thanks to Rachel for recommending magnesium tablets.  I hope this isn't tempting fate but since I started them, I haven't had a bad night's sleep and - er - my 'system' is much better too.  I tend towards being a bit bunged up, eating low fat as I have to (not because of weight loss but because if I have too much fat I get the runs) and they seem to have helped with that too.
(Apologies if this is TMI)

Well, I'm a bit later this morning so I'd better get going.  Have a good day, everyone, whatever your plans (or non-plans)  xx

8 comments:

  1. Glad the magnesium is working for you and I have just discovered that you should take vitamin D in the morning as it disturbs your circadian rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I take vitamin D but pretty much always in the morning when I take the bp meds.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Aww I am glad you tried it and it's working - I cannot take the credit though - it was Sue from Countryside Tales who told me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 52 isolation. Family drops food outside the building every other week. We text and or email or talk daily. Am on Facetime hours homeschooling. Have been fine as there is no where I have to be--doc appointments can wait...church is online...hope this virus comes to halt soon and we have vaccine. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to a gradual and phased lifting of some restrictions, especially where family is concerned. That would help a lot. I think it's going to be quite a long time before a vaccine is finalised and in that time I intend to still be very, very careful.
      I'm glad you are well cared for, Brenda. Isolation must be hard - distancing and lockdown is tough enough.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are feeling healthy and happy. That's interesting about the magnesium. I find that having fresh celery first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, clears me out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling great, thanks.
    Interesting about the celery . I love celery and maybe ought to have more of it. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete