Wednesday 10 April 2019

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's the tenth - we are a third of the way through April - how on earth did that happen?  Where's the time going?

At least it's not raining today.  Yesterday morning it was chucking it down as I drove to Sainsbury's; pretty unpleasant driving conditions, in fact, with a lot of semi-flooding to drive through (which had drained off by the time I came back).  I managed to find what I went to look for, which I was pleased about, but decided not to then cross town to Tesco.  I'll go there another day.

At home, I'm afraid I didn't move a single book although I did think about it!  I got sidetracked into going through my clothes again as I'm short of space since I inherited some of Mum's clothes.  It was worth doing, definitely, and the Sally Army recycling point is now a little bit more full!  There was one skirt that I've never worn but I can now - it was too long, however, so I turned it up and once that was tacked and ready for machine sewing up, I started on the half finished skirt that I found in Mum's office.

Looking at it more carefully, I now think was intended to be the skirt part of a dress with a double row of buttons from top to bottom, but is easily adapted, the main problem being that as the wrapover at the front is bigger than I thought, I'm not going to get into it for a while.  I'll finish all but the buttons and button holes (and hem, of course) and it can be a 'target skirt'.

I was going to take the bus into town this morning to get some things for Dad but I have time to do that so I'm going to stay home and get properly stuck into those books instead.  That's the important thing really and I need to devote a couple of hours to it.  Once that's done, my bedroom needs a good sort out.  It's amazing how books seem to escape into my bedroom and I'm sure they are breeding in there!!!

All that, alongside a bit of ironing and the usual everyday chores, should keep me busy and out of trouble today.  Have a good day, everyone.
xx

(edited to add - I didn't get the sourdough bread started yesterday - maybe today!)

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, yes the year is rushing by already. Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping your day goes well for you too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Set a timer when you do the books it will help as you start knowing it is only for a certain time not an endless chore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books always 'breed', that's the law! Good luck with your sorting activities, it'll be worth it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will, definitely! Better go and do a bit more! :-)
      xx

      Delete