Thursday 4 April 2019

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  Hasn't it turned chilly?  We actually had a bit of sleet yesterday and I gather there was some very wet snow in London yesterday.  Have you been affected?
I've just checked BBC weather and the forecast is optimistic for today.  Quite a lot of sunshine which always makes one feel warmer anyway!

I had a nice day yesterday.
I got the bus into town and wandered around some shops looking for shoes and a bag.  I saw some very attractive bags in John Lewis but nearly fainted at the price of one I really liked - a cool £280!  Now, I know some people have expensive bags but that's not my thing, so I hurriedly returned it to the shelf and moved on.

I decided to try Debenhams as I know they have an excellent bag department and, lo and behold, there was a neat little navy bag with my name on it in invisible lettering.  Pretty ine3xpensive and not showy at all.   In fact there were several and if I hadn't already 'inherited' a number of handbags from Mum (three black and one brown/tan), I'd have bought another one as well.

I walked through H&M, a shop I never frequented in my fat days, and bought two tops on impulse, one for summer days and one that will go very well with my funeral outfit, so that was good.  They weren't too expensive either.

No shoes anywhere, not ones for me, although if I was going for the high high heels and very pointed toes look (double ouch) there would have been.  How do people manage such discomfort?  Anyway, I remembered that we have a very good independent shoe shop locally, a real family business with high walls, stacked shoe boxes and old fashioned ladders and I am sure they will have something there.  I might pop down this morning.

Anyway, once home, Beth and Alex came round and then it was time for tuition.
I'm delighted to say that after all that I slept like a log last night!  A great relief to feel human again.

Today I have nothing planned until late afternoon when I have tuition followed by a visit to school for the Y3/4 Easter performance.  As soon as that's over I will walk 150 metres to the community centre for SW group.  So I will use the day to pop to the shoe shop and then to get on with my clearing out, etc, and to take some bags of stuff to the hospice shop or the recycling point.  I am short on clothes space with Mum's clothes to accommodate so I need to sort out the clothes that are now too big - jeans, for example - to create a bit more space.
I also need to plan next week's meals which will keep me happily occupied for half an hour or so.
It's a relief to be getting some normality back.

Have a good day, everyone, whatever you have to do.
xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, Joy. It's raining here so we won't be going anywhere. I'm planning on a card making day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be lovely. Have a great time.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We had quite a bit of snow yesterday but it didn't stick around for long on lower ground.
    Glad to read you're feeling a bit more human again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr - snow in April is a real slap in the face, isn't it. I'm glad it didn't stay around.
      xx

      Delete
    2. April shower day so far, sunny one minute, dark and tipping down the next. Hail storm yesterday which seemed to come out of nowhere. I decided that it was going to remain dry and sunny and put the bird food dishes back into the ground feeder cage, 10 minutes later the food was swimming in melted hail pellets! Grr!

      Delete
    3. Brrrr - so chilly!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yes very chilly and I am glad you are settling to sleeping well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep was really god last night - amazing how much better it makes one feel.
      xx

      Delete