Good morning! Sleep is evading me right now so I'm down getting stuff done instead.
Yesterday was a dull, slightly damp day and today is predicted to be the same although maybe a little less damp.
I popped out as soon as the milk run was over to get a few things from Sainsbury's that I can't get in Morrisons and ended up spending - er - too much! Fair's fair, I got some new undies (I'm still needing to go down in size) and some ink for the printer but even so, it was a bit ouch. I then picked up a parcel before going home.
Once home, I wasn't feeling all that brilliant. Stiff neck, slightly aching back, shivery, all just a bit of a reaction, I reckon, so I was sensible, cancelled the tuition session that had been provisionally arranged and rested until the door bell rang and Interflora delivered a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
Diane, thank you very, very much for such a heart-warming, kind and loving gift. They are absolutely gorgeous.
Then a friend popped round with a card and almost immediately after that, Sharon arrived and sorted my hair and Beth's too. Now I feel a bit more human again.
I was so tired, I went to bed just before Sewing Bee so I don't know who won. I'll catch up with that later on.
So I am awake at stupid o'clock, having tossed and turned and generally not having slept, despite the tiredness. Ho hum! I might go back to bed but I suspect not as it's rather close to my usual waking time. I've done some clearing, some tidying up, put some washing in, set off the dishwasher which I forgot to do yesterday evening, fed the paper recycling bag and when I've finished and posted this I will plan next week's meals.
I rather feel like a trip to town this morning so I'll catch the bus straight after nine and follow my nose. It may sound daft but I 'need' a navy bag and some navy shoes for the funeral. No, of course I don't really NEED anything of the kind but I'd like to, if I can find something suitable. I want to visit the spice stall on the High Street and I'd like to stock up on some tins of M&S chunky steak which is the nicest tinned steak I have ever had. And really I just need a walk around, not on my own but on my own at the same time - if that makes any sense at all!
I have one tuition session this evening which I won't cancel as it's quite important and I ought to go to the allotment but I'm not going to, not today. Maybe tomorrow, we will see.
1. Lose the weight gained over the last two weeks by 'comfort' eating and maybe three pounds more. I don't know what the bad news is yet but I will by tomorrow bedtime. I'll do it by continuing to plan carefully, attend meetings and work on dealing with my bad habit of turning to food when things get tough.
2. Continue to use up stuff in the freezers and, as a result, minimising my April food costs. By the end of the month, I would like to be able to defrost the smaller of the freezers but I can't until there's room to move stuff over to the bigger freezer.
3. Finish sorting out the books in the work room.
4. Give my 'gadgets cupboard' a good sort out. There's stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day since the last time I sorted it out so they must go; however 'useful' I may think they are, they obviously aren't, they're just a waste of space.
Actually, I might even start this one today.
5. Allotment - get it as sorted as possible.
I've waffled on far too much so I will stop as I'm sure you've all fallen asleep by now. Have a good day, whatever you have planned.