Friday 5 April 2019

Friday

Good morning! 

Sorry this is so late.  I had just started writing when I remembered that I had a governor's meeting at school so had to rush to get washed, dressed and in.  Thank goodness I remembered! 

Yesterday went fine.  I did some washing and some ironing, I did some houseworkl.  Just usual stuff until after tuition.  Then I went off to the Y3/4 show at school which was absolutely amazing.  The best one yet.  They did Roald Dahl's 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' which I hadn't seen and it was - well, just wow!!!

Then it was straight on to Slimming World.  Yes, I gained two pounds but I was delighted that it was just that and no more.  I've done my planning for next week and it should go fine.

Now I need to clear things up and out before going up to Dad's again.  He has mentioned getting all Mum's clothes downstairs so that the Care Assistant can collect them and take them to a charity shop for him on Monday, which is going to be very helpful. 
I would also like to sort through all Mum's sewing and knitting things as Dad will never use them.  I think that will help.

We've got a 'meeting' with the minister of the church Mum and Dad went to.  He's coming to talk about Mum to get info for his eulogy at the funeral.  That will be tough but it might be releasing too - I hope so anyway.

If I don't post over the weekend, don't worry.  I'm OK and will be back.
Have a lovely day and I hope the sun keeps shining!
xx

10 comments:

  1. Hard weekend for you and your Dad, Joy, but cathartic too, hopefully. Thanks for your email, by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needs to be done but, yes, cathartic, I think. Thanks,
      xx

      Delete
  2. I found when we talked about my dad for our minister to deliver the eulogy that we ended up with tears of sadness and laughter remembering some of the funny things he had done - it was a release.
    Hope all goes well and your dad is keeping well. Handling your mum's sewing and knitting things might be the hardest part. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viv. It was hard but the more we talked, the more we remembered.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It is going to be tough but you are strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I hope I'm strong enough!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I agree with Vivien; it was Mum's sewing and knitting equipment that seemed the most personal and that upset me most. So many memories of happy hours spent sewing together.
    I will be thinking of you as you sort out your mum's things with your dad.
    One thing my dad asked me to keep for him when I was sorting mum's things,( he'd asked me to do it whilst he was away), was mum's dressing gown and a headscarf.
    Maybe your dad won't think about it now but it might be an idea just to keep back something of hers for him for later if he wishes he'd saved something.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's kept her guide belt and all her guiding badges. The Guide movement was very important and she was involved right from Brownie days through to being District Commissioner for a while and then as a HOG (Heartfordshire Occasional Guild) leader. It was only in the last year or so that she had to stop going to meetings. So keeping those things means a lot.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the damage wasn't so bad at all at SW! Will be thinking of you and your Dad this weekend.

    ReplyDelete