Friday 16 March 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a nice, dry morning today but Baby Beast is definitely on the way according to the weather bods, so I expect it is chilly out there.  No frost though!

Yesterday ended up lazier than expected as tuition was cancelled.  Never mind, the planning will suit for next week instead.  I did a little bit of shopping as I have a friend for lunch today and the rest of the day was spent watching cookery telly, knitting and continuing to sort out the bedroom.

I have a really nice Cotswold Company shelving unit with wicker baskets in my bedroom and over the years it has not only collected plenty of rubbish, it's inches deep in dust.  WAS inches deep, I should say because yesterday I cleared the lot, threw loads out (who wants 'What's going on in Norfolk' dated over a decade ago?),  moved my many counted cross stitch kits to a better place (I have enough to last me the rest of my lifetime) and put some in my charity shop case, dusted everything down and shifted stuff around.  I want it to be properly used again and so it will.

Unfortunately, some stuff is just being shifted into the small spare room.  It's hardly used as a bedroom now and I have a few plans for it but even so, not a brilliant thing to do, is it?  I can't say I've de-cluttered just because the clutter is in an unused room, so there's a way to go yet.  I do wish I wasn't a hoarder < sigh >.

With my bedroom in mind, I looked online and ordered some fitted bedroom brochures.  I know more or less what I want and am prepared to take time and wait (and save) rather than act impulsively.  It doesn't matter if it takes two or three years - it will need to be a complete bedroom refit anyway, decorating and re-carpeting, with the changes I want to make so it gives me time to finalise my ideas.  With the changes I want to make, there will be the outside wall space for an air con unit (at the moment there's a fitted wardrobe in the way) so that's something else to consider seriously.  Time is my friend here!

Come the evening I opened one of my little cross stitch kits, the one I got from Anglesea Abbey called Snowdrops at Anglesea Abbey.  It's pretty, not too challenging and will look lovely, maybe on my bedroom wall.  I haven't done any counted cross stitching for ages, absolutely ages, so it was nice to get back to it.

I also found a whole stack of little Christmas cross stitches, finished apart from making up into cards.  I must have done them over a decade ago!  As I also found a whole pile of card mounts, guess what I will be doing in the next week or so.  I shall have to start doing 'real' Christmas cards again rather than virtual ones!

Today, though, I have a friend coming for lunch.  I have some chicken thighs and found a nice, simple recipe online so we will have that with salad and I might do her a jacket potato too.  Not for me as it won't work with the liver shrinking thingy but I really don't mind and won't feel deprived at all.

And, last of all (sorry this is so long) - another 3 lbs off.  Woo hoo!






No comments:

Post a Comment