Tuesday 7 September 2021

Tuesday

 Morning, everyone.  Again, I'm up before the lark, annoyingly.  I seem to be starting another bout of early waking.  I can't blame early light because it isn't and won't be until closer to six.  It feels quite warm, maybe that's why, but a bit more sleep would be really nice.

Yesterday was really good.  The first circuit group session was most enjoyable and the other ladies seem very pleasant.  I'm looking forward to next week.

Beth and I had a really nice lunch together.  She has a vegetarian 'sausage' roll starter (quite a big, chunky thing and she said it was delicious) and I had cod fingers in a 'rustic' roll with tartare sauce which was really lovely.  Not your Birds Eye fingers though, they were nice goujons in a crunchy batter.  I had chips on my plate and Beth had most of them.

Then we went over the road to Boots and had a really fun make up session with such a nice lady.  I came away with a bag of stuff but minus the lipstick which wasn't in stock so I have to go back for that at some point.  It was surprising how just a little bit of gunk made everything look just that little bit more defined and less fuzzy.
Then Beth came back to mine and we had a good old chatter.

Today is busy but mostly nice.

First I have an early morning appointment at the dentist but before you start sympathising, it's just to complete the implant/bridge treatment and should be quite stress free.  The painful bit is paying the rest of the bill and sympathy here would be most welcome.  :-)

Then it's back home for a quick breakfast and to gather all my stuff together before driving over to Beth's and setting off for the spa in Colchester.  She's driving today which is really nice.  The rest of the day should be spent in lazy self indulgence . . . nice!
And then it is back to more restrained frugality for the rest of the month!

I'm anticipating a lovely day and I hope yours is also good.  Take care and ve safe.

12 comments:

  1. Good morning! Another here who would prefer a little more sleep, but at least my early start to the day gives me an opportunity to catch up on some blog reading.
    Enjoy your day. I'm in the process of rearranging a spa visit which should have taken place around eighteen months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are definite advantages.
      I hope you get it organised easily. It's nice to be able to do that sort of thing again, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Erratic sleep patterns are a nuisance Im always grateful that I don't have to go to work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spa day sounds like fun and it'll help you recover some calm after paying the dentist's bill! Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All change at the dentist and the spa was lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post, it's nice to hear that you are looking after yourself so well, although with a dentist bill to pay you're not looking after your purse quite as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That spa day will be lovely. I too was up through the night and put it down to the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be that but I do go through spells of early waking. it might just be that.
      xx

      Delete
  6. You seem to have a lovely mother-daughter connection. Good for you and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky. The teenage years might have been a bit fraught but now we are really good buddies!
      xx

      Delete