Thursday 2 September 2021


 Good morning, everyone.  It's too early to say what the weather will be like today but I won't win any prizes for expecting that it will be boringly dull and grey and none too warm.

Yesterday was a good day with a not so good ending.

The extra tuition session went really well with lots of learning going on.  

Personal training was most encouraging - I'm pretty much back to where I was before Dad was taken ill except for calves and ankles and they are improving.  Yesterday, for the first time, I was able to skip.  Yes, it was very heavy, no real springiness, but the whole foot left the floor.  I've taken to jogging (rather heavily but definitely a jog) between rooms at home and trying to run upstairs rather than walk and I think it is all helping, slowly, to get things back to where they were.

The afternoon was spent doing houseworky kind of things - ironing and the like.

I was in bed, feeling pretty sleepy, pulled out my hearing aids which is always the second to last thing I do (the last is my glasses) and - disaster.  The left one came out fine but the right one came out without its end cap, the little bit that keeps it in my ear.  It could have pinged off as I took it out (although that's never happened before) or, not so good, it could still be in my ear.  It is tiny and semi transparent and, although I had a good look around, I couldn't see anything
Of course, that woke me up good and proper and the brain starter whirring around.  The aid is the one for my better ear and without it I am lost really.

Eventually, I decided that I need to get down to the GP surgery and see if a nurse can take a look and see if it is still in my ear and, fingers crossed, remove it if it is.  Then I need to get to Specsavers who provided the aid to see if they can replace the little cap.  The hearing aid people might not be in the Sainsbury's one and I might have to go into town to the other branch.  This is where not being able to phone is a total nuisance!
I had no idea where I had put my old aids but, after searching around, thank goodness I found them so I should be able to wear one or both which was a real reassurance although I then slept very badly indeed.

So that has put paid to my chat with Chris this morning.  She will understand, I know.

So - early morning shop as usual on a Thursday and then try to sort this all out.  I really could have done without it but there you go.  Stuff happens.
Have a good day and wish me luck for sorting this out quickly!  xx


  1. Oh dear. I hope it isn't stuck in your ear. It's worrying that it could happen in the first place though. Hopefully you will get it sorted out this morning.

    1. It's never happened before and I wonder if I accidentally loosened it as I was cleaning round it yesterday. That's the only thing I can think of.
      Fingers crossed.

  2. Oh my goodness, hope you get sorted today

  3. Hope you get the hearing aid sorted out what a pain.

  4. All much better, thanks. I will fill you all in tomorrow. :-)

  5. So sorry about your hearing aid, Joy. My sister has one and has had several issues over the years. I know it's a nuisance but the aid is something that helps you so much. Hope the day ends well today with a great night's sleep!

  6. No easy way to try and fall asleep after the hearing aid episode. Sounds like you have it sorted from your comment above. Hope all is well and that you have a better night's rest tonight.

  7. I hope you can get your hearing aids sorted today and can catch up on your sleep tonight! xx

  8. I do hope it just popped off once out of your ear. If that isn't the case I am keeping my fingers crossed that the nurse can remove it and the hearing aid people can fix it.

    God bless.

  9. All's well now. Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments and concerns. I've filled you in on how it worked out in today's blog and I slept like a log all night, thank goodness.
    I must repeat how grateful I am to the professionals who helped. Without fail, they were all polite, understanding and kind and they made me feel so much better again. Thank you to them all.