Friday 3 September 2021

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.

Thank you all for your very kind comments regarding my hearing aid drama!  It has all been sorted out now and here's the rest of the story.

I decided to get my shopping done first as that had been planned so I did the usual at M&S and Aldi before coming home, putting everything away and having a quick breakfast.

I then decided that it would be best to get to the surgery first, to see if the ear piece (that's its proper name) was actually stuck in my ear.  I couldn't feel anything but then you're not supposed to feel it.
I spoke to the very nice lady on reception (who has always been super-nice to me and I don't have a bad thing to say about her) who went to speak to the nurse.  She came back a minute later to say that the nurse was between patients and could have a look straight away.  Yes, it was there and yes, she got it out very easily.

Then I drove over the Specsavers in Sainsbury's (thank goodness for cars) where a nice young lady said that the hearing aid man was in tomorrow (today now) but I would have to book over the phone - and she gave me a card with the number and said I could text.

On the way back, I remembered that last time I was able to book online so I came home, got onto the site and noted that  it said tomorrow was fully booked with no more opportunities until the following Friday.   I looked at the in-town branch and there ware spaces on Sunday so I filled in the online form, clicked 'Book' and waited - and waited . . .  and waited . . . until it was obvious nothing was going to happen.

So - off I set again, into town this time.  When I got there, they were so nice, took me through, spoke to the the audiologist and two minutes later I was in his room having the ear pieces on both aids replaced and he also replaced a little bit of something else on the aid that was causing the problem and which was what had caused the ear piece to come detached.  And finally, he booked me in for Sunday so he could give them both a proper going over/service.

And a plus thing - while I was in Sainsbury's, I got some spiced vinegar and some sultanas which I hadn't been able to get earlier and I set to and made some of Sue's green tomato chutney - quarter amounts - which has come out very well.  Thanks, Sue.

Everyone was so nice and so understanding, everything has been sorted out  and in the afternoon the sun came out. 
I do like a story with a happy ending!

20 comments:

  1. Hope the chutney is OK. It was Colin's favourite and my least favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I'm glad your hearing aid was sorted so quickly

      Delete
    2. It was easy. I did it in my Thermomix and I need to just thicken it down a bit more. I think I will add some chilli to it for a bit more of a hit but yes, I like it. I gave it a bit of a zizz so it's more like a - er - spread sort of thing, if that makes sense. Thanks again. xx

      Delete
  2. So pleased you got your ear sorted out and most people are helpful esoecially when you are such a nice caring person yourself.
    I have just but the washing on so hope it gets dry.
    Have a nice weekend Joy.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how kind. I certainly always treat everyone with respect and politeness because how can you expect to be treated well if you don't do the same?
      Good luck with the washing. It's dry but dull here and I am not sure if I will try to dry the bedding outside or not.
      I'll have a cuppa coffee while I think about it. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Green tomato chutney is a wonderful way of using up those tomatoes that will never ripen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's loads better than wasting them, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you got it all sorted you must be very relieved . Chutney done as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge relief, yes. And really it was remarkably easy apart from all the driving about. Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you managed to sort out your hearing issue both with the nurse and the Specsaver staff/audiologist. So nice to have a story that ends well these days.
    Hope the chutney turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. Thanks very much. And yes, the chutney is nice, well worth the little bit of effort it took.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Thank goodness you had your ear checked and the piece was easily removed. Good news on the audiologist, too, so helpful. A happy ending, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was very good service and I'm sure you must be relieved to have it all fixed. I hope the servicing on Sunday doesn't prove too expensive. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but I doubt it, being Specsavers. It needs doing anyway so can't be helped and I do want a little talk about what else technology has brought along in the meanwhile. xx

      Delete
  8. That's great! I'm glad everyone was so helpful and that you got it all sorted out. Being able to hear and see is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredibly so. Hearing, in particular, is a hidden disability and while glasses can, in most cases, solve the problem, hearing aids are only a second best. They help but they don't completely remedy.
      To be fair, though, if it did come to a choice between glasses and hearting aids, I have no idea which I would prefer so let's hope I never have to choose. I'm very thankful for modern and rapidly developing technology and for an income that permits me to take advantage of it to some degree.
      xx

      Delete
  9. How wonderful that everyone was so accommodating and you managed to get everything that was needed done. Great service.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was brilliant and I was so relieved.
      xx

      Delete
  10. INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, Do you need an urgent loan to support your business or in any purpose? we are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan Company. We offer loans to Business firms, companies and individuals at an affordable interest rate of 2% , It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit, we shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. we are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We Offer guaranteed loan services of any amount to people all over the globe, we offer easy Personal loans,Commercial/business loan,Car loan Leasing/equipment finance, Debt consolidation loan, Home loan, ETC with either a good or bad credit history. If you are in need of a loan do contact us via Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Share this to help a soul right now, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you in search of a loan to start up a business or to pay up your bills. We give at loan of $3,000 to $500,000,000.00, we offer or kinds of loan here with 2% . I look forward to your mail regarding. Thanks for your time and understanding! So get back to us if you are interested.. Please contact us at our email or WhatsApp +12192714465
    : karlwalter685@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete