Saturday 22 June 2019

Saturday

Good morning!  Wasn't yesterday gorgeous weather?  It certainly was here, despite clouding over a little bit later on.  Perfect drying weaths.  Perfect sitting outside and being lazy weather.  Long may it continue!

Yesterday morning, I ended up going to Aldi and then on to Abercorn Garden Centre and over the road to Lathcoats.

I had some shopping to do for Beth.  Alex is home from uni and, typical young adult with a very healthy appetite, he is eating her out of house and home, so now she's all stocked up.  I also grabbed a few more veggies for myself and they had one large white, flat sheet left so I grabbed that as a backing for the disappearing nine square duvet cover I have been making for about two year now.  I started making it to use when Mum and Dad should come a-visiting and only needed one because Dad uses sheet and b;lanket, but things got complicated and I never finished it and didn't get the backing for it.  Now I can. 

Then on to the garden centre where I looked bewilderedly (is that a word ?) through so many bags of bird food of different kinds - who knew there was so much on offer.  Given that I don't have a feeder yet, it was a bit immaterial but I got a couple of little bags of stuff anyway.  I also got a Dutch hoe to add to my collection of Wolf Garten equipment.  Do you know it?  You buy heads and handle separately and they are interchangeable.   Here's a link. 
https://wolfgarten-tools.co.uk/

Then it was just over the road to Lathcoats.  I've mentioned Lathcoats before - they are basically a Pick Your Own but with a fantastic farm shop and they have just started using dry goods dispensers and encouraging people to bring their own containers.  I got some jumbo oats (because I'm nearly out) and some brown rice.  I will maybe go back next week for strawberry picking although I think the week when they will be at their best is the week I will be away and after that I doubt there will be much left.  We will see.

So I had a pretty enjoyable morning.

In the afternoon, Beth came over and she finished off some cushions she's been making to order.
Apologies for the photos not being great.



If you're interested, say in a comment and I can pass you on to Beth.  She makes these to order rather than keeping a supply in and will design to what is wanted.

At the moment I am sorting out one thing each day.  It doesn't take long but one a day soon mounts up and makes a difference.
Yesterday it was my tea towel and wipes drawer.  Yes, I have a dishwasher but I stll wash some things by hand.  However, I had way too many tea towels, some decades old and far too thin to be of any use nowadays, just taking up space in a drawer that was difficult to close.  And I won't go into the number and types of wiping cloths that I never use as I prefer to just use muslins.
Ten minutes later I had a tidy drawer that closed properly and is well organised.  Yay!

Today the sun is shining, there's a lovely breeze moving the leaves and it's perfect for a bit of garden tidying (using my new hoe, obviously) before I sit out with a cold drink and a good read.  Or maybe today is the day I get out the sewing machine and have a good stitch-in!  Decisions, decisions. 
One thing I will do is my bit of sorting out.  I'm not sure what but there are a few doors that need to open onto something a bit more organised.

Have a great day! xx

12 comments:

  1. The cushions are lovely, Beth is very talented. It's a beautiful day here too, sadly for various reasons I'm all behind today, so am just writing today off and doing nothing much - well, may as well make the most of the weather, seeing as thunderstorms are forecast late tomorrow and Monday! Have a lovely weekend, Joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are late tomorrow as I'm helping Beth at a craft fair tomorrow over lunch. Fingers crossed.
      Making the best of the weather and taking time to enjoy it peacefully is not writing the day off in my book. Have a lovely and restful day with no worrying dramas.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Is it the holiday in Southwold coming up soon?

    I'm loving the sunshine today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Fingers crossed the weather stays fine. It's a gorgeous Summer day, isn't it!
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's another lovely day here and the sunshine is warming things up quite nicely.
    Those cushions are lovely. I expect Beth is kept quite busy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tends to always have something on but she'd always welcome more business. Being self employed like this can be precarious and she's just starting. I think the cushions are lovely too and the customer loved them, which is great.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The cushions are absolutely gorgeous! How talented Beth is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I think she is too - it's nice others agree.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've had sunshine all day here and comfortably warm temperatures. However, I left for a couple of hours to go to a town about 20 minutes away to get my hair colored and trimmed. It was sunny there, but I got a phone call from Pete at home saying that we'd had an incredible amount of rain, a little thunder and even some hail! Glad I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, that was a stroke of luck, quite apart from the enjoyment of having your hair done. All the benefits for the plants without any hassle!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Love the cushions - very striking. I am presently working my way backwards through some blogposts to catch up on what I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viv, and welcome home. :-)
      xx

      Delete