Thursday 27 December 2012

Thursday

Just look at the time.  I've been up for about three quarters of an hour, that's all.  I did have a wakey spell in the night but even so . . . this is amazingly late for me.  No complaints.

Yesterday was nice.  B&A came over for a Christmas dinner and stayed until around four or five.  It wasn't any kind of hassle - I cooked (or reheated) turkey, roasties, roast parsnips and carrots, sprouts and red cabbage with lovely gravy (Beth, being vegetarian) had a pie and her own gravy).  There were mince pies for dessert and cheese and biscuits.  A good spread and easy to do because most had been pre-prepared one way or another.  Another plus point is that apart from the roast potatoes there's enough left over for me today so no need to cook any more.

Today is the day I deal with the turkey trimmings.  After boiling everything up yesterday I didn't have the energy to deal with it then so the whole kit and caboodle went into the fridge.  It should make it easy to skim off the fat, which is a bonus!  If I can manage to get to Morrison's today I will buy some more root veg and make the chunky turkey soup I am going to serve when M&D come over next week at some point.

Thank goodness for freezers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment