Friday 2 October 2020

Friday

 Good morning!  It's not nice outside and, I gather, will remain not nice for a few days.  Thank goodness for warm homes and watertight transport!

The biggie this morning is that Mr and Mrs Trump have tested positive for Covid 19.  While I am sorry for anyone who has this most unpleasant and dangerous virus, there is a bit of unholy glee inside of me that I am doing my best to smother because it isn't nice, not kind at all.

But, as a week ago he was telling Americans  not to worry about Covid-19 because "it affects virtually nobody except the elderly and those with heart conditions", there's more than an element of poetic justice about the whole thing, isn't there?  I just wonder how many others he and his wife have infected.  And it will play havoc with his re-election campaign; I'm just wondering how he will manipulate this one.  Aren't I horrible!

On to more pleasant things, yesterday was satisfyingly busy.  The fridge has had a jolly good clean out and I was pleased how little had to be discarded.  I've cut down the remaining green tomatoes and they are sitting on a couple of trays now.  I always find this very sad.  I dearly love having unlimited and free tomatoes and they've been superb this year.  Now all that's left are browning and bedraggled plants, waiting to be pulled up and discarded - which I will do when I get home again.

Today I finish off all the bits and bobs, do a final reccy over everything, pack and leave.  First of all though, Sharon is coming to work her usual magic on my hair.  Great timing, isn't it?

I actually can't leave until a parcel arrives.  On Wednesday morning I ordered some shoes from Hotter and paid extra for next day delivery which I assumed meant Thursday.  That's what the bumph indicated anyway.  But no, they will be delivered today!  So I will wait.  They'd better!

I'll carry on blogging over the coming week and should have plenty of photos to show off.


18 comments:

  1. I was pleased to hear that Trump was positive too, so its definitely not just you feeling the guilty pleasure :) Sadly though if he's not severely ill (as he should be given his multiple high risk factors) it could actually make things worse by reinforcing his 'no worse than the flu, affects hardly anybody' claims... which leads to me to thoughts that make me feel even more guilty about how I want this case to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you're horrible, Joy, then so am I! I think Trump is an idiot (a dangerous one at that), how anyone can take him seriously I don't know. He obviously hasn't been drinking enough bleach!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had exactly the same reaction to the news about the Trumps so it's not just you!

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday and am looking forward to your photos. Congrats on this week's weight loss as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't like being pleased that someone is ill but I guess, given the circumstances, it's only natural.
      I'm looking forward to it too - it looks as if it will go ahead, which is good (I hope).
      I deleted your other message, the one you deleted - I mean I removed it.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Just a thought but with all the lies he has told and medical tests he has fiddled are we sure he has got it? He is trailing in the polls and I wouldn’t put it past him to a)go for the sympathy vote and b)throw a spanner in the works when it comes to the vote. Apart from that why would any self respecting virus go anywhere near ‘Duckfart’? Just sayin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to chuckle at your last bit. I guess a virus is no respecter of persons and that can work both ways.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Same thing happened to our Bumptious Boris but much earlier. He, at least, seemed to learn from the experience. Perhaps Trump will too. One can hope.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am almost (but not quite) ashamed to say that my mean little core chuckled at the thought of Trumpety Trump picking up the virus. Then I wondered whether it was just a ploy to gain a bit of . Now wouldn't it be a turn up for the books if he was too ill to run for re election

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it just! Sympathy vote though.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Sympathy is the missing word..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your parcel arrives and you can be on your way sooner rather than later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thank you, and I'm now at Dad's. xx

      Delete
  9. Bit of unholy glee here as well....Then I feel bad.

    God bless.


    ReplyDelete