Sunday 19 July 2020

Sunday

Good morning, all.
I'm up really early today after an early night last night.  I've had a decent whack of sleep but might very well go back for a bit more when I've finished this.

Yesterday turned out beautifully warm and sunny, perfect for drying a couple of loads of washing which now await the attentions of the iron.
In the morning I went with a friend to look at a show house on a new local development.  A lovely upstairs, a tiny kitchen and generally the finish wasn't great (and this is the show house!) but it was fun to look round.

The afternoon was spent idling around one way and another.

Today looks like being more of the same.  It's my turn to water at the allotment so I will slot that in at some point and I have a pile of ironing and some planning.  Apart from that, it's another lazy day and I will enjoy it very much, I am sure.
I hope yours is good too.  xx

12 comments:

  1. I too am planning a lazy day today but according to the forecast we are in for some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went up to get some more sleep and I've just come down to find it's been raining! Not much, not enough to get out of watering - yet.
      Have a lovely day. xx

      Delete
  2. It bucketed down here through the night, so no watering needed here. Now it's steamy and humid....yuck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nice, I agree. It's not cool here but not humid either, thank goodness.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Morning - I thought no we are in for a pleasantly warm, not too hot day ahead - a lovely day to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's worth unravelling your too large jumper, especially as you can afford not to be too careful as you'll need less yarn for a smaller you! I found once I've got all the balls done I wind the yarn round my elbow and hand to make skeins. Tie them up in two or three places, like they do on new skeins, and soak them in cold/lukewarm water for a little while and then hang them up to drip dry. Just have to make sure none of the skeins and strands of wool come entangled so could be a bit of a lengthy process but really worth it as wool comes out like new!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be psychic. I was going to ask what you did to get the kinks out. Thanks very much.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I like looking at show homes. Was it just a look see, or is one of you thinking of moving?

    Hope you have a lovely restful day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend was wondering about moving and I was just nosy!!
      I doubt I will ever want to move unless I win a million on the premium bonds (do they do a millions - I doubt it) and even then I'd probably plough the money into improving what I already have.
      I'm very happy here.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It always feels good to get the washing done. It's wonderful that you are so happy where you are. I have been putting some money into fixing up the pink cottage, and it's so rewarding to finally do what I've always wanted to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It' a lovely feeling, isn't it? A good investment too, not only for well being but also financially for the future.
      xx

      Delete