Saturday 29 September 2012

Saturday

Weekend.  Planning done.  All good.  However, because of the new phonic organisation, I have a rather full weekend making resources, going into school this afternoon to get stuff laminated and all set up, making record and evaluation sheets - etc . . .  What a shame!  Never mind, it has to be done.  Maybe I can take Sunday off to get the housework, etc, done.

I think my system is back to normal after Thursday's little blow out.  No more calf cramp, no more muggy head feelings.  That's good!  Hopefully it hasn't had a major impact on my monthly weigh in, although I did step on the scales Thursday morning, just in case!  I think it's called 'hedging your bets', isn't it?

I've just come back from the kitchen where I was starting off the weekend soup.  I've used the pumpkin DD gave me, plus carrot, celery, tomatoes, onion, garlic and a red chili and right now they are slowly roasting in a little oil and some mild curry powder.  I may add some red lentils later on; I will see what it turns out like without.  I will definitely add some chopped tomatoes or passata (depending on what I have in the cupboard.  Definitely one to push through the mouli as pumpkin has such a silky texture.  It should see me through a working week of lunches, hopefully.  That's the idea, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment