Sunday, 4 October 2026

Sunday, 04-10-26

Morning, all.  Welcome to what started as a very misty autumnal early morning before the sun started breaking through.

I had fun looking around a few shops yesterday.  I did a bit of non-food stocking up in Sainsburys; earlier in the year I stocked up on various cleaning materials, that sort of thing, and they were getting a bit low.  I looked around the clothes but, dear me, so much drabness!  Even Christmas stiff wasn't what I want for Christmas.  I want red, green, gold, sparkle, not washed out pink!!  On the other hand - Christmas chocolates, biscuits, etc - really?  In this house, they would be gone before the end of October!!
It was fun looking though.

I was kind of hoping I might get a petrol voucher with my receipt.  You do sometimes.  Not this time though, so I filled up without one.  Now, I know it's nearly two months since I last filled up and things are unstable, I get that, but it was shocking how much fuel has increased since last time.
It is what it is though; there's not a lot we can do about it!!

Then I popped into Hobbycraft.  Didn't buy any yarn though.  Hobbycraft's range of yarn has definitely gone downhill.  Such a shame.
If you have read yesterday's comments, you will see that the lovely pattern I bought might be an AI generated pattern (I know the photo was AI generated/enhanced) as there are reports that it doesn't really work.  Now, I have loads of DK acrylic yarn lying around so I'm going to use a smaller hook and the DK and just have a go at the various elements, just to see.  I might learn something, I might have to adapt, but I do like a challenge.
I'll report back in time.

It's been a busy morning.
The washing is in, the chicken I roasted yesterday has been stripped and the carcass is in the slow cooker, I have some leek and pepper softening slowly on the hob for a bean stew and Bubbles is in the oven with the light on because it's been cold overnight and she's a bit sluggish - and I need to make Lindsey's bread.
And I've just spent ages looking for this week's meal planning sheet, only to find it screwed up and in the bin.  Not torn up, thankfully!  I wonder who did that, now.  <cough >

Happy Sunday to you all.  Have a great day.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment