Tuesday 19 March 2024

Tuesday evening, 19-03-24

Hello, everyone, welcome to Tuesday evening.
The weather hasn't been nearly as lovely as Monday but at least we had no rain, thankfully.

Chris and I set off for Groove class at quarter to nine, tapping boxes as we went a slightly roundabout way and chatting nineteen to the dozen.
However, when we got there, everyone was huddled in the hall entrance looking gloomy.  The problem was that the cleaners had left the hall floor really wet all over, too wet to safely do a dance aerobics class, and it wasn't nearly warm enough to dry quickly.  Lindsey said she would take anyone who wanted on a walk to tap some more boxes but Chris and I decided to walk home again as she would be a bit pushed for time and I was off to Beth's after Groove so I could be there a bit earlier.  It was still a thirty five minute walk there and back and I've done over 9,000 steps today so not too shabby really.
And I gather the church has fixed with the cleaners that they do the hall the evening before so it will always be dry by the morning, whatever the weather.  That must be a relief to Lindsey - health and safety is something she never, ever compromises on.

I drove over to Beth's and helped with some clearing, tidying and cleaning before coming home for a late lunch.
I got the ironing finished, did some clearing, tidying and cleaning, some sewing and some knitting , before turning on the telly and catching up with the latest Anton and Giovanni adventures.  I didn't know Anton was part Spanish, did you?

Tomorrow is one of just two days when I don't have something scheduled first thing and I'm quite looking forward to a slower start.  However, I want to get downstairs done and dusted and in the afternoon it is personal training followed by a governors' meeting in the evening so I won't be doing nothing.  If the weather is anything like, I quite want to do a bit of garden stuff too, but we will see.  It's supposed to be getting colder again over the weekend but maybe tomorrow will still be OK.
What's the weather been like your way?

Wishing you a very good night with pleasant dreams and a great day tomorrow.  Take care and stay safe.  xx

11 comments:

  1. I was struck by your comment about enjoying a later start than usual. I often feel this way as I hate rushing and like to ease gently into the day. Saturday, Sunday and some Mondays are the only days I have a leisurely start and I really enjoy them! Hope you got into the garden today as that's a leisurely pursuit sure to calm your senses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice not to be clock watching first thing, for sure, even when what you're going to do is really enjoyable.
      Fingers crossed for the garden; I haven't drawn the curtains and looked out yet. xx

      Delete
  2. Well at least you had the exercise from walking but disappointing never the less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I enjoy Groove. The walk is always nice though. xx

      Delete
  3. You made good use of your 'extra' time. There's never a shortage of things to be done! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true, and thank goodness for that. What a dull life it would be, to be sure. xx

      Delete
  4. Is Tapping boxes a local saying? I've no idea what it means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Cherie, it's Beat The Street this month around here. Here's the link for information. Lindsey is the local organiser.
      https://beatthestreet.me/
      xx

      Delete
  5. Ah, Cherie beat me to it. I was going to ask what you mean by tap the boxes. I thought perhaps it was some sort of exercise name for when you are walking. Actually still not sure what you mean. I was hoping for a simple explanation in the comments. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete