Sunday 3 March 2024

Sunday evening, 03-02-24

Hi, everyone.  It's been dry today, thank goodness.  Quite cold but it's nice not to have had to dodge the raindrops when going out to the shed and it was great to see the sunshine too.  Long may it continue.
I had such a lovely sleep overnight.  I think I woke once for the loo but, apart from that, I came to, all warm and cosy, around seven.  Just what was needed.

It's been a typical Sunday; I was thoroughly lazy, taking things very easy and just doing homey stuff.  Very restful, very settling and contented.

Friday evening, Julia brought me some bunches of daffodils and by today they had opened in the warmth.  They are so lovely and cheerful so I took a couple of photos - they filled three vases but I photo-ed two of them.



There's just something about daffodils, isn't there?

I was going over the finances for February.  I had to pay for some coach trips, the headboard and my exercise classes plus a couple of annual payments (as well as the usual monthly outgoings, of course) but apart from that, I did quite well really and was able to move a bit more into savings at the end of the month which I was pleased about.

March should be pretty frugal too, with nothing going out for council tax and water, etc, but in April the car insurance is due so I doubt very much I will have any left over to move into savings for a couple of months.  It's not a worry; I feel very blessed to have the income to cover the essentials and am always grateful.

Given that energy is one of my words for the year, I've been  - well, not exactly unenergetic with the exercise classes I do, but I haven't done any extra.  I didn't feel like Beating the Street today so I didn't.  If I'd made myself do it, I am sure I would have enjoyed it very much indeed.  Bad me, eh?

Tomorrow is classic Monday.  Circuits, downstairs cleaning, etc, and a few loads of washing. Nothing exciting but it should take up a reasonable part of the day once you include meals, etc.  It is supposed to be pretty cold overnight but a lovely, sunny day tomorrow - great for drying my washing outside.  Fingers crossed.

It's just after seven now and I've done the evening kitchen clean and tidy so all that remains is to sit, knit, watch telly . . . the usual evening rest and relax stuff.
Have a lovely evening, everyone, and sweet dreams.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely homey day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was - a nice break before the new week starts. Was yours good too? xx

      Delete
  2. I had a lovely evening watching Call the Midwife and Death in Paradise. I shall watch Pottery Throw down on catch up later this week. I did lots of litter picking in the garden and then some cleaning. Still cold towards evening after a glorious morning. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch Throwdown on catch up too. Works for us! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Daffodils are so cheerful. You have some lovely paeonies, too. It was so good to see the sun yesterday. With luck, we'll see it again today. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look nice but they are artificial. You're not the only one to mistake them for real since I got they - they're not a bad imitation.
      I think today is supposed to be very pleasant. A cold start though! xx

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful. I always think of snowdrops promising us that Spring is coming and daffodils letting us know it has arrived. It was so cold here overnight, but because of the clear skies we have a beautiful day here today and the free heat is flooding in through my two sets of French doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see a little bit of sunshine and the cheerfulness of daffodils. The sun has decided to shine today as well so a lovely birthday treat for me. Enjoy your day too, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely and a very Happy Birthday to you. xx

      Delete
  6. What lovely flowers. They do really make a lovely display

    ReplyDelete