Tuesday 12 March 2024

Tuesday evening, 12-03-24

Good evening, everyone.  Has your day been a goodie - I do hope so!

After I signed off yesterday evening, I was doing a final trawl through Facebook before closing everything down and, in the Thermomix page/group (not sure which), I noticed that the cutter is finally now available in the UK.  This is a grater/slicer that fits onto the Thermomix bowl; it's been out for a couple of years now but until recently has only been available in the UK as part of a new Thermomix deal - highly annoying to those of us who are perfectly satisfied with the Thermo we have and have no wish to shell out £ < cough > on a new one!!
As it has become available in other countries, it has sold out immediately - which should have told the company something about how many they make but perhaps the comparatively late inclusion of the UK is a bit political - I don't know.

Anyway, I went straight onto the UK Vorwerk site and a cutter should now be arriving by the end of the week.  If it is up to the usual Thermo-standard (and I have seen nothing to indicate that it's any less), it will be excellent quality and I'll will definitely be using it a lot.  I've even started thinking of meal plans to include it.  Silly me!

I got a nice surprise when I checked my building society account as the interest for the year had been added.  It is interesting, though, that my premium bonds, which are less than what I've had in my YBS account until December, has paid me more - despite it being pure chance.
Anyway, no complaints about either and it boosts the savings a bit, doesn't it - and makes buying the cutter a bit less 'naughty'.

Today passed as expected.  A drive to Groove which was such fun (the drive and the class), a drive back, breakfast, a Morrisons shop (I have plenty of fresh stuff again now, phew) and a sort out and tidy up followed by ironing.  I didn't do any washing so I really must do some tomorrow.  The forecast is better than it was today (it couldn't be any wetter, that's for sure) so maybe I can get the washing out on the line.  We will see.  

It's Dave's birthday tomorrow so I must get his card to him and it's Personal Training in the afternoon.  Also, Lindsey has organised a Beat the Street walk around here which I might do depending on how the housework and the weather goes.

Have a lovely evening and sweet dreams.  xx


6 comments:

  1. It's always nice to have a new 'toy' to play with. I hope it arrives early enough on Friday that you can experiment with it. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? Only a few days to wait. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the new toy. It is nice to play and learn how to use something new.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, and I know I will use this quite a lot. Bit of a time saver too. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm very envious of your Thermione, but don't think I'll be getting one any time soon 😉😀😏 X
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could justify getting one now but I'm so very glad she's part of my kitchen kit - a big part too. When I got the TM6, it was lovely to be able to gift TM5 to Beth.
      I shall be making bread in her tomorrow.
      xx

      Delete