Sunday 17 March 2024

Saturday evening - ooops, I mean Sunday morning, 17-03-24

 Morning, everyone.  Really sorry this is late (the other blog is late too); I was so tired yesterday evening that I snoozed the time away and went to bed early-ish.  I had a good night's sleep too so must have needed it.
So it's back to a morning post just for today and the evening one will be up this evening.

Yesterday was a really nice day.  The weather played ball with a bit of sunshine and some warmth although it seemed to chill off later.

I joined Lindsey and the group online for the Saturday SET class first thing before getting out the ironing board and clearing the basket.  I then had a good old sort out in my cupboards before putting the ironing away (and I need to finish that off today).

Lunch with Beth and Alex was lovely.  We went to the Hare, a favourite place in the past.  It went rather downhill after lockdown but seems to have picked up again - service had got very slow and inattentive but it was really good yesterday and the food was nice.  Nothing special, but then nor are the prices anything to faint over, and it was all very acceptable.
We'll go back.

It was late afternoon before I got home and I felt really weary.  Maybe it was the big meal at lunchtime, I don't know, but I turned the heating up a bit and snoozed on and off for the rest of the day, hence this not going up yesterday evening.  Oh, well.

Anyway - on to today.  I want to finish the sort out first.  I know I will have to do another one soon to change over from warmer to cooler clothes but not yet - the weather is just not consistent enough nor warm enough.  
However, there are some things I haven't worn all winter and, as Lindsey is doing another pop up clothing thing in May, I think, I can put stuff aside in bags for when she wants them.

Apart from that, it's just lazy Sunday stuff.  It's now just four weeks until my Center Parcs break so I have started making a few lists (as you do); it's self catering so I need to take basics - salt, stock, pata, rice, just small amounts, as well as dishwasher powder and so on.  I refuse to pay Parc Market prices for basics.  

Back to the new normal this evening.  It is lucky I don't have anything planned this morning and that I woke early-ish but tomorrow morning  there's circuits so I don't want a rush first thing.
I hope you slept well and have a great day.  xx

11 comments:

  1. Don't put warm clothes away yet - your heating might fail - like mine and you'll be glad of the winter woolies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not going far - just to a higher cupboard. Wise words though. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. We spent most of yesterday watching rugby - all very exciting, but I was so pleased that Italy won. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex loved his rugby and so does my son. Not for me, I'm afraid but I'm glad you were pleased with the outcome. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day and meal. Dry here today, at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wet here, sadly. I'm hoping it dries up in a while. xx

      Delete
  4. I spent another day sorting and cleaning in the kitchen. It’s taking me ages but I am rehoming the donated things as I go. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be lovely when it's done, won't it? xx

      Delete
  5. Lazy weekend here too, at first I minded thinking I'd be bored but now I'm lounging on the bed reading my favourite blogs post a large ,tasty lunch it's not so bad 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sit down after mine and promptly fell asleep. It was lovely! So nice to be able to chill like that, isn't it? xx

      Delete
    2. 👍😘 X
      Alison x

      Delete