Tuesday 5 March 2024

Tuesday evening, 05-02-24

Good evening, everyone.

First of all, before I forget, a few links about Beat the Street, as promised in one of the comments.
It's not a new thing; the info on this site was written in 2016 but I've never heard of it before.  Perhaps it's the first year this has happened here - I don't know.

Here's our local link - if you scroll down, there's a video clip showing how it works.

And finally, here's an article from the Merton site from last year which gives a bit more info.

Lindsey is one of the core team organising it here and she's really thrown herself into it.  She was doing school assemblies yesterday and has organised 'find the boxes' walks as well as contributing classes as prizes, bless her.  She's also running a one-off Shimmy 'n' Groove Fitness-Family taster session near the end, once the schools break up for Easter.
Anyone local interested?  I've been to a few of her family sessions - they are great fun!  Here's the link.

This morning, Chris was quite happy to walk and tap with me on the way to Groove.  It had been raining but we were so very lucky - it stopped before we set out and started again after we got home.  Yes, there was a real dampness in the air but it wasn't raining.  Groove was great fun and Chris and I are never short of things to chat about so it was a lovely morning.

I did some upstairs housework because I remembered Val is coming round on Thursday so I'd want to give downstairs a quick going over beforehand.  No point doing it two days on the trot - not in my book anyway!
I did get all the ironing done though which I was pleased about.  

Did Facebook go down for you too - it took me a while to realise that it was them, not me, by which time I'd changed passwords and generally faffed around.  It seems fine again now, so fingers crossed.

I know I said about holidays, etc, this year but something has come through from One Traveller regarding a six day holiday in Prague - four really, not counting travel days - and it sounds really lovely with lots of included excursions and, being One Traveller, a bedroom per person, whatever the size.   I'm pondering . . .

On to tomorrow and the only thing in the diary is Personal Training but I want to do out downstairs and also to make as much as I can of the lunch for Val and me so I will have enough to keep me going.

So now, at around nine o'clock, all I have to do is warm up my comfy bed using the electric blanket, get ready for bed and then read until I drop off.  Lovely.
As Mum and Dad used to say to us when we were little and they had tucked us in and given us a hug and a kiss, and which I turned into a sort of rhyme in my head . . .

Good night,
God bless,
See you in the morning and
No more noise . . .
xx

12 comments:

  1. My good night is ' Night, night sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.' I like yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that was even a thing when I was little - we are talking about over six decades ago now.
      Bed bugs - urgh!!! lol
      xx

      Delete
  2. I always said the "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite." Or said the night prayer with the boys of "Angel of God, my guardian dear." Thank you for the memories.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always said 'sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite' to my children. Not very nice now that I think about it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - no, not really and not so funny at the moment with bed bugs on the rise, I gather. Makes me itch to think of them. xx

      Delete
  4. Go for the Prague trip, Joy. We loved it and four days is probably plenty to give you a good taste of the area. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it is absolutely beautiful there and so very interesting. And going with One Traveller is going to be more expensive but it's all organised and I will never be alone unless I want to be.
      I am sorely tempted, I really am.
      xx

      Delete
    2. We were on a.VIking river cruise on the Elbe and Prague was the final destination. Most of our visits were organised and we also had time to explore on our own. The only downside was the heat-an unusual 30C in early June. Catriona

      Delete
    3. That sounds lovely too. I'm still pondering and also waiting to see if Diane is interested. She's an experienced traveller so has probably already done this trip. xx

      Delete
  5. My friends went to Prague a few years ago and absolutely loved it. They went very cheaply but I think I'd opt for an organised trip if I was travelling solo. If you go I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is it - I'm totally inexperienced at travelling outside the UK so a group is much better for me. I can cope with a group. xx

      Delete