Tuesday 26 March 2024

Tuesday evening, 26-03-24

 Good evening, everyone.  How has your day been? 
Thank you for the queries about the carpet.  It looks OK, thankfully; you certainly can't tell that there's been a spill which is a relief.  I'll probably do an area clean using my little hand help gizmo but there's no rush.

It has been all change for me.  Yesterday (Monday), I tweaked my ankle during Circuits.  I thought nothing of it, expecting it to sort out overnight but it was obvious this morning that it hadn't so I cancelled the walk and Groove, dug out my support bandage and rested up.
You see, when I was much heavier than I am now, I used to have a lot of trouble with spraining one or other of my ankles and it has left them both a bit vulnerable.  I've learned that the best thing is to do is what I've done today so that whatever it is has a chance to settle down.
I will be on my feet most of Saturday and don't want too many aches and pains by then.
I'll be able to go to personal training tomorrow , I think, as Lindsey can avoid anything likely to cause issues but I'll think carefully about SET on Thursday - maybe do it chair based.  I'll see.

Something nice - Lindsey is covering a few classes in the town leisure centre and put out a message saying there were spaces if anyone was a member.  I posted a reply (this was Facebook) saying I was thinking about joining for the swimming - the nearer I get to Center Parcs the more I am really looking forward to the swimming - and someone who works these replied to me saying they worked there and she could arrange a tour and a free swim.  Wasn't that nice?  So I have something to look up, research and to think about.

I think I may have found the chairs I would really like for my garden room.  They aren't cheap, I will have to save up and the fabric may be different but I really like the look of both - one chair and one rocker.  I can get some cushions to match whatever fabric I go for - there seems to be quite a choice.


There's also a table and a foot stool which I would need to think about but I do really like the chairs.  They look 'garden-y' and very comfortable, don't they?
I was thinking about a recliner but I like the style of these much better than any of the recliners I have found.

I think I have worked out pretty much what I want to do in Norwich.  Nothing unusual - there's a castle, a museum and a cathedral, some lovely old houses, some shops (including a teddy bear shop) and plenty of places to eat.  Oh, and a market too.
As it's Saturday, it will be pretty busy, I expect, but that's OK - plenty of people to ask if I lose my way at all.  I don't think I will though - the organisers have arranged for someone to meet the coach with maps and tourist information for everyone.

For someone who was resting up, I seem to have quite a lot to talk about, don't I?  In the diary it just says 'Personal Training' for tomorrow so I should have time to do all the things I didn't get done today, hopefully.
Have a great evening, everyone, and a good night's sleep.  xx


14 comments:

  1. I love those chairs, Joy - stylish and comfortable looking. Very sensible to rest your ankle before the weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren't they. They look the sort of chair one can snuggle down into. xx

      Delete
  2. Joy, the chairs are gorgeous. I would really have trouble choosing my favourite.

    Rest that ankle well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's two sizes of sofa and two kinds of glass topped tables too. If I had a bigger room, I would go for the suite which is two chairs and a two seater sofa but I don't so I won't.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The chairs are lovely. It's best to rest your ankle. I'm always careful now after a sprain or twist as I had a bad one a few years ago and decided just to get back on it and ended up having to have surgery on it after a couple of really painful years. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the main reason why I still have trouble occasionally is because I did that same thing - just Put Up With It! You think you're not making a fuss but actually it is storing up trouble.
      Oh, well, there's nothing I can do now except take care. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope your ankle soon feels better. It's so annoying when these things happen.
    What a nice job, having to decide on furniture for your garden room. Have fun! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is loads better this morning, thanks, Janice. I slept with the support bandage on and I think it helped a lot. xx

      Delete
  5. Norwich Castle has a museum. The Cathedral is a ten minute walk from the Castle. Bridewell Museum is a short walk from the castle as is the Market. There are signposts and usually there are tourist helpers dotted around so you can easily ask them if you are lost. Enjoy your day in Norwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, thanks very much. I'm very much looking forward to Saturday. Maybe it is worth a weekend visit staying in a Premier Inn or Travelodge. I'll see what I think. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely chairs, you had a lovely garden room built so they and the table would just finish it off nicely and make it even more special and enjoyable.
    Sorry about your ankle, once or twice badly sprained and they'll always be somewhat shaky. Strengthening exercises should help, I expect Lindsey has some good ones. Best wishes and a lovely time in Norwich! Annabethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would too. I will keep looking around but it is very nice to have a benchmark for comparison.
      That's about it, ankle-wise. I don't go over on them any more, thank goodness, but there's a weakness that will always be there now. I just go with the flow!
      xx

      Delete
  7. I live in suburb of Norwich. A couple of Saturdays ago we went to the city centre, parked by the market and went into our bank. When we came out there was a pro-Palestinian protest which was in my opinion awful. I hope that doesn't happen when you go into Norwich.

    ReplyDelete