Monday 11 March 2024

Monday evening, 11-03-24

Evening, one and all, welcome to Monday evening.  It's been a dreary old day outside today; no rain, thankfully, but no sunshine either.  

Circuits was great this morning.  Almost a full group and some new exercises to work on, including a very stretchy one on the new standing rack.  We all had a go and we all managed it to some extent.
When I got home, I whizzed around to get downstairs a bit cleaner.  I wouldn't say it was a particularly deep clean but it was OK and I got everything finished, including lunch prep, before Mel turned up.

We had a good old chat and she described the garden remodelling she and her husband are planning for their garden.  It sounds exciting and should look really good.  They're doing it all themselves too; very impressive.

Later, I watched the final of the Pottery Throw-Down.  No surprises, right prevailed and it all came to a happy ending for this series.  I do like how they let us know what each contestant has been doing since their time on the programme.

That was it as far as scheduled stuff was concerned but I did have a good think about the possibility of the Prague trip and decided, after a lot of thought, to leave it for this year.  I am trying to rebuild my savings after a spendy year last year and, let's face it, Prague isn't going anywhere, is it?  I'm sure One Traveller will be doing another one next year, probably several, in fact.
I took into account that not only do I have two short breaks next month, I have several really interesting day trips booked and there's every chance that I might do something with Beth and Alex at some point.
So - no, not this year.

(Unless the old premium bonds come up trumps in which case - obviously . . .)

I don't really mind saying no.  I do have a good old life, plenty of nice things happen so no grumbles at all and one of my targets for the year is Economy, isn't it?

Tomorrow, the weather forecast is Not Good and it looks as if Chris and I will be driving to Groove rather than Beating the Boxes.  Then, I am going to Morrisons to do a shop - I'm getting short on fruit and veg plus a few other bits and bobs like cheese, yogurt and milk.  In fact, I have totally finished off my cheddar and what is life without cheddar, eh?
I have some washing to do and some stuff from today in the ironing basket so, with the upstairs to clean, it's a fairly full day.  

Have a lovely, relaxing rest-of-evening and sleep well, everyone.  xx

15 comments:

  1. Quite wise to delay a trip to Prague if you are not sure-It is expensive so you’ll certainly need to have some spending money. I went clothes shopping today to M and S and the selection and quality are dire! I’m just about to watch the Pottery Throwdown but I do know who won! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M&S varies so widely, doesn't it? Sometimes their range of clothing can be really good and at other times - not so good. I do like their food though, especially their f&v.
      Throwdown was good, wasn't it? I will miss it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Prague is not on our list either this year but like you we have some lovely places and things to do planned for this year. Enjoy the rest of your evening too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many other trips and visits planned that missing Prague this year is not a biggy. As you say there is always next year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not a biggie at all. It was an idea, a good idea, and I will do it at some point, I have promised myself. Just not this year unless a financial miracle happens - which it won't!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. You seem to have a lot of things going on and, as you say, Prague will still be there next year. Better to save a bit first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly. Much more sensible and I have more than my share of nice things really. I'm hardly depriving myself. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I can't get used to your evening blogging. My mornings are not the same;-)
    Just kidding!
    Pouring with rain again this morning, what joy. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Read it in the morning then lol
      Yup, same here. We're definitely driving to Groove this morning. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm still not used to your evening blogging either but that's my problem 😉😄
    I still read and enjoy your blog 😍
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what people mean. There's nothing wrong, it's just not what one is used to. It's working well for me though so bear with me, please - and thanks for reading and enjoying. xx

      Delete
    2. 😘 X
      Alison x

      Delete
  7. I think I might watch the Pottery Throw-Down this evening. It was shown later than usual on Sunday, and I knew I would be far too tired to watch it through till the end. I already know who won, although it came as no surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was well deserved and I think they had to have a total collapse of skill and confidence not to get it but you just never know, do you?
      Just waiting for the next one now - they are asking for contestants so we know there will be another series.
      I wonder when Sewing Bee starts again . . .
      xx

      Delete