Sunday 17 March 2024

Sunday evening, 17-03-24

 Good evening, all.  Back on track again this evening.
Goodness it was a dull, wet old morning although it brightened up this afternoon and we even got some sunshine which was nice.
I contacted Lindsey and, yes, she's doing a pop up shop again in May so the stuff I am sorting out has somewhere to go.  I like that; it will either raise some money for the Blossom Suite or will be taken over to Ghana (I think it's Ghana) for people in a village there.  A really good incentive to continue sorting out and clearing things I haven't worn this winter.

Sunday lunch was a whoppa (healthy and loads of veg!) and, when I sat down after clearing up, I promptly fell asleep.  Nice.
Really, I should have done a bit of gardening but . . .

Tomorrow it's my middle brother's birthday.  I don't see him much but we stay in contact.  Happy Birthday, John - have a lovely day.  
In the diary, there is just circuits but, of course, being Monday, it's downstairs cleaning day and, as last week was a bit of a light touch affair, I need to take a bit longer over it.
I don't need to do a 'weekly shop' but I do need some milk so a nice, roundabout walk to Morrison, tapping a few boxes on the way, weather permitting, is on the cards.
And that's tomorrow.

Sleep well, everyone, and have a great Monday.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Just about to start watching Death in Paradise with my feet up as ai have cleared another three kitchen cupboards and rehired what was surplus. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched that but I gather it's very enjoyable. Well done for such a kitchen achievement. I find getting rid of kitchen stuff very hard. There's always that 'what if' . . .
      xx

      Delete
  2. It was a lovely sunny day here until late afternoon. Warmer today so I might get out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was warmer, I agree. I didn't want the blanket on when I got into bed yesterday evening. The sun is shining now and it's glorious. xx

      Delete
  3. It is good to have a sort out, especially when it is all for a good cause.
    I remember you saying the previous pop up shop was a huge success. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. It raised thousands in donations. So worth doing. xx

      Delete
  4. We had another kitchen sort-out yesterday, more through necessity than choice, but the result is pleasing.x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good. Whatever the reason, a good clearout is a positive thing. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Joy, I need to do a downstairs cleaning day today, too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) My plans changed but it's still been good so far. xx

      Delete
  6. Monday has been gardening day as it has been beautiful and dry here. Tomorrow may be cleaning day if the weather is of the wet variety. Hope the day has been good to you, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really good, thanks - just one of those pleasant days - you know what I mean.
      I need to get some more gardening done too.
      xx

      Delete