Saturday 2 March 2024

Saturday evening, 02-03-24

Good evening, everyone.  How are things going down your way.  Have you had a good day?

Yesterday evening was the best time ever.  We talked and ate and ate and talked and it was pretty late by the time everyone headed off to their homes.  I did a little bit of tidying up, sorting out the food, before heading upstairs at nearly midnight.  I had expected to sleep really well so set the alarm but, actually, didn't sleep very much at all.  I think my brain was buzzing and, frankly, I'd eaten too much.  I usually eat early in the evening and one course plus fruit sometimes so a full three courses was several mouthfuls too far.  It was so delicious though - worth every twinge of indigestion!

By quarter past eight this morning I was knocking on Lindsey's door for my personal training session followed by the SET class.  Both were really good and I wouldn't have missed either for the world.
I was tired afterwards though and had a bit of a snooze around midday.

The weather started off shocking - absolutely pouring and gusty too so it felt really chilly.  Back home, I turned up the heat and put on my oodie which dealt with the shivers.  The rest of the day was spent pottering around - cooking, meal planning, knitting, watching stuff on the telly - a really lazy afternoon which I appreciated very much, especially as the sun came out between showers and things felt generally warmer.

I'm weary now so, fingers crossed, I'll have a much better night's sleep tonight.  Tomorrow I have some washing to do and, weather permitting, I want to have a Beat the Street walk around this area: BBC Weather seems to think it will be nice.  Cold but fine.

It's a bit early to go to bed so I'm going to recline, read, knit or see if there's anything for me to catch up with on the telly for a while.  Sleep well, everyone, sweet dreams.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Sleep well too-I am off for a lovely bath in a minute.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great - love a good, hot bath! xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you get a good nights sleep.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie - I really did. Same to you. xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds as though you had a really enjoyable evening. It's frosty, bright and sunny here this morning, a very pleasant change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, thanks, Janice, a really good time.
      It is cold here this morning but no frost, it's a bit too cloudy for frost, I think. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good time. I am still trying to get used to your evening blog. As I said, I read only once...in the morning. I was up at five, as usual, today...listening to a rain storm...unusual it seems. My sweet daughter is visiting...comes monthly or every other...flies here...we have been walking on the beach...enjoying our time. Been some sickness, so the boys are not around, but son took her to lunch yesterday...Florida is absolutely fabulous weather wise...it will get pretty hot soon...thank goodness for air conditioning...have a good Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida sounds lovely - walking on the beach - bliss.
      You can still read my blog at the same time but I know what you mean - the vibe feels different somehow.
      It is working a lot better for me though. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a thoroughly lovely evening. Too much food occasionally is fine even if our sleep suffers. Hope today's been a good one e for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great and I don't regret one mouthful. :-) I was thankful for a much better night's sleep Saturday evening though. xx

      Delete
  6. I've been going to be so early this time of year! It just feels right. We've had a lot of rain and wind here in California, too. It sounds like you had a fun get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have the choice, isn't it. Bed, if we want; stay up for a while if we want. Bliss. xx

      Delete