Thursday 7 March 2024

Thursday evening, 07-03-24

Hello again, everybody!  Another day over and I'm getting a bit more comfortable with evening blogs.  I suppose it is more like a 'real' diary, rabbiting on about what has happened rather than what will/should happen!  😁

First things first.  There won't be a blog post tomorrow because I won't be back until late-ish and will be heading straight to bed.  I'll tell you all about it on Saturday.  

As almost always, today was a lovely day.  It started with a walk to Morrisons to get some flowers (there was such a choice because of Mothering Sunday coming up), then back for SET online and then, having looked up the whole shingles/chicken pox thing, I went over to Chris' for our coffee and chat after all and I'm glad I did.  Goodness, how we can talk!!

Then Val arrived and we had a really good catch up session which I thoroughly enjoyed.  We missed our get together January and February for very good reasons, so there was a lot to talk about.

To my delight, because I had forgotten, the latest Marion Todd book was out today.  I had it on pre-order as I do for all her books, and it's on my Kindle.  I've been very restrained and haven't started it so I can enjoy it on the coach tomorrow and if there's time to 'waste' between shows.  Perfect timing.
Do any of you know Marion's books? - if not, it's worth giving them a go.  They're Scottish detective/police stories with the same characters and so very readable.  There's now eight of them and I have really enjoyed every one of them.  

And now I have used the back pack I bought for the cruise and packed it for my day out tomorrow.  It's a good size, plenty of room, not too heavy, just right for that purpose.  My usual handbag is a small back-pack style thing anyway so it will feel fine.
I'll be going to Morrisons early to buy a few bits for a packed lunch, things I didn't buy when I went today because I couldn't guarantee they would remain uneaten until tomorrow (!!!), then into Slimming World group.  I'll have to leave SW early to get to where the coach is picking us up to take us into London - and we go from there.

Hoping your day has been as lovely as mine.  Sweet dreams, everyone.  xx

20 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your coach trip tomorrow, find somewhere to eat and enjoy the show.
    I have read the first two Marion Todd books, one I have on my Kindle, the second one I must have bought second hand as a paperback and recycled it to the charity shop. Maybe you will get time to start your new book on the coach of there is nothing interesting to look at outside. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather.
      I know the route into London so there's nothing that interesting until we actually get into London. I love the buildings, etc and you can see more when in a coach as you're a bit higher up. I'm sure I will be reading a bit. xx

      Delete
  2. Marion Todd sounds like an author I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's also a thoroughly lovely lady. She was doing Open University at the same time as me, we did some of the same courses so I got to 'know' her on the OU conferencing site. I've never met her face to face though. xx

      Delete
  3. I will need to see if I can get Marion Todd books here. Almost finished my books on the Kobo so will need to download more very soon. Enjoy your trip.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can - I think they make great reading. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope your day is enjoyable. Thus far, the sun is shining , which always makes travelling more pleasant. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thank you, and, yes, the sun brightens the whole thing up no end. x

      Delete
  5. Safe journey and enjoy your trip to London. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All went well and smoothly, thanks. It was good. xx

      Delete
  6. Good to hear you're on the ball re the shingles vaccination. So important to get the jab! A couple of my friends sort of forgot/missed it and promptly ended up with shingles, which is horrible and one of them had it in one of her eyes and she is still troubled by it, with her vision etc.
    Enjoy your day out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a mild form of Shingles ages ago, when still teaching - at least, I think it was - the rash looked right, it was one sided, etc. Never want that again.
      I'm expecting to hear from the surgery re. a date at the beginning of April and will follow up, if I don't. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope you have a great day out, it sounds as though you have planned well for it.

    I'm glad you have found a way of blogging that is suiting you, but it does seem as though you are out of sync with most of us who post in the mornings. It's surprising how noticeable the time difference is after reading your morning posts for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry about that.
      I think a lot of it is, as you say, because it has always been an early morning thing and I'm sure some are still catching it early morning.
      If I didn't have comparatively early starts up to five out of the seven days, I'd just post a few hours later but I do like to have the time for a more leisurely start to the day that I could have when working. One of the perks of retirement. :-D
      xx

      Delete
  8. I hope you have a lovely day out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. London is such an amazing city! Glad you are able to get more rest now that you are retired. I actually find that I get up earlier...around four or five o'clock a.m.! It's so different that when you have to go to work, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite different. Much nicer.
      London is lovely in parts and so historical. I love the old buildings in contrast to the really modern ones.
      xx

      Delete
  10. I've not read any of those books but I love a good crime book so I might have a look out for them at the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do - I'm sure you will enjoy them. xx

      Delete