Saturday 30 March 2024

Saturday evening, 30-03-24

Evening all.  I'm not doing a proper blog this evening but just to say it has been a lovely, lovely day, we've been so lucky with the weather and I should have some nice photos to show you tomorrow evening.

Tomorrow is a special day as it is five years since my lovely Mum passed away and there's hardly a day when I don't think of her and miss her - there are so many things I would love to tell her, share with her, ask her about.  
Beth and Alex are coming round to share lunch with me and I will spend some time to think about how lucky I was to have such lovely parents.

And, given that we lose an hour overnight, I am having a VERY early night tonight - I've done my steps and more today and I am absolutely shattered.
Night, everyone, sleep well..

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day out and look forward to seeing the photos. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read you had a lovely day yesterday, and with good weather too - will look forward to the photos. 5 year anniversary - wow, time has flown, it's also 5 years since my lovely Mum died - or it will be, come December. Almost seems like yesterday, doesn't it? I hope you, Beth and Alex can share some happy memories today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've had a restful, restorative night and that today will be pleasant. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five years has gone by so very quickly, it's still hard ever years later isn't it. It's 12 years since we lost my Dad, and this year with Mum in hospital on his anniversary we honestly thought her intention was to join him. But she's rallied and is now home, but with lots of care in place.

    I hope you can have a peaceful day and think of all the happy times that you spent together over the years. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the hour change, spring or autumn I dislike it intensely, but hey ho by tomorrow I'll have forgotten all about it 😀
    Anniversaries of loved ones passing are tough even when the memories are so lovely.
    Glad to read that Sue's Mum is currently doing well
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you will have a good lunch with Beth and Alex with happy memories of your Mum. Does not seem like five years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs. It never gets easier I don't think, though the memories become a little less painful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone. I've realised I didn't answer anyone - shows how tired I was, I guess. I really appreciate all your kindness. xx

    ReplyDelete