Friday 1 March 2024

Friday, 01-03-24

Hi, everyone.  Welcome to March, possibly the first day of spring, depending on which date you go by.  It was absolutely pouring it down this morning but by the time I came out of Morrison's, the sun was struggling through and it's been much more pleasant.  It feels cold though, I don't care what the thermometer says!!

Slimming World was, as always good fun.   Plenty of people there and a lively second half.  Then I dodged the raindrops for the fifty metres it took to get to Morrisons and did the first shop of the month.  It was a bit ouch - well, the bill was - but I needed to stock up on bits and bobs that won't appear on the list for a while.  The only naughty thing was a treat - a small leg of lamb joint that I intend to thoroughly enjoy on Sunday!

The email came through about next Friday's London jolly to see the Harry Potter plays.  It's mostly just times, of course, but it's exciting as I've fancied going for a long time now.  I'm not even going to think about dinner because there's loads of places to eat and, if worst come to worst, I'll hardly starve and there will be refreshments in the theatre.  I'm taking a packed something for lunch.

I'm typing this late afternoon because I'll be otherwise occupied this evening.  I've got as much ready as I possibly can so thought I'd get this done and schedule it to post later.  I hope you've had a fab first day of March/Spring/St David's Day.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did, thanks, it was absolutely lovely. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your evening now.
    How nice to have an outing to look forward to next week. You certainly won't starve in London! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly won't. There are so many eating places right next door to the theatre. I am wondering about booking though - perhaps it would be sensible. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you are having or had a wonderful evening. Enjoy your trip to London.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely evening, thanks, Jackie. xx

      Delete
  4. Can't get used to you posting in the evenings! I never see your posts 'til next day
    Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels odd to me too but I would get muddled doing it morning some days and evening another day depending on what I have scheduled. And it's certainly making a difference to those days I do have a first thing something in the diary. xx

      Delete
    2. Me too. It'll take a while to get used to.

      Delete
  5. What does today hold for you Joy. Is the weather decent? A bit cold and grey here but starting to brighten up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely now, Cherie, but we had lashing rain earlier. It feels chilly too - I've got my oodie on at the moment. xx

      Delete
    2. Didn't answer the question. I haven't had much apart from the two back to back classes. More later. :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Like Sue I'm struggling a bit to get used to your new post time - however that's my problem 😉 Change happens........😀
    Take care
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Me too and I don't see why - it's pretty much the same - that I have done and what I am going to do. :-) xx

      Delete