Friday 15 March 2024

Friday evening, 15-03-24

Evening, everyone.  Have you had a good day?

We actually had sunshine again today - that's two days running.  We did get some heavy rain this morning and my heart sank because I had walked to Slimming World but, by the time the meeting was over, it had stopped and the sun was out again.  Phew.

I have lost this week - two and a half pounds which makes up for last week's gain - and I won the raffle which was some useful food stuff for my cupboards/freezer - pittas, can of corn, onions, a pepper, tomato puree, Italian herbs, pointing the way to making a pitta pizza, I suspect.
Sometimes there's raffle stuff I don't use and then it goes back into next week's Slimmer of the Week basket because there's no point wasting it, is there?

I'd put in a load of washing first thing so when I got home, out it went onto the line where it dried nicely.  I MUST do some ironing tomorrow.

Apart from that, I cooked yummy meals (details over on t'other blog), read, watched telly/YouTube, made some rice pudding in Thermione (a treat for tomorrow) and had a bit of a snooze in the afternoon.  A thoroughly lazy day, in fact.  I bet I still sleep well though.
I made the classic mistake of taking an ovenproof frying pan out of the oven, forgot and touched the handle a few minutes later.  Ouchity ouch!!  Three slightly sore fingers but only one obvious blister - I'll survive!

The biggie for tomorrow is that Beth, Alex and I are having lunch out for Mothering Sunday.  A week late, I know, but it won't be crowded.  I'm really looking forward to that.

Better stop waffling and get this sent.  Have a super day tomorrow, everyone.  Sleep well.  xx

23 comments:

  1. Good plan avoiding going out on the actual day of Mothering Sunday! Less crowded and not a rip off!! We've had really heavy rain here for the last few days. Everywhere is just wet and soggy!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about the rip off but you're right. It's the crowds we wanted to avoid and the noise. What with autism and hearing loss, that wouldn't be a good place to be.
      Today's forecast says dry too - here's hoping! xx

      Delete
  2. I did the exact same thing the first time I used my new ovenproof frying pan - and did it twice! I must be a slow learner. It`s suggested to put a tea towel over the handle when you take it out of the oven, as a reminder. Enjoy your Mother`s Day outing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! That's exactly what I did after running the burn under the cold tap!
      Then I got an ice cube and held it on for ages and that took the blister down and this morning there's just a little white patch. I'm hoping I won't do that again, I hope, but I gather there are slip on handles you can buy - and then remember to use. lol

      Delete
  3. Hope the blister isn't too bad. One of these days I need to season a cast iron frying pan and will more than likely burn my fingers as well. Congrats on the weight loss and the win of the raffle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's fine now, thanks, after application of ice cube to the blister! :-)
      I hope you don't.
      And thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you have a wonderful lunch out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon.
      Looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your lunch. Great idea to go a week later, avoid the reheated preprepped stuff and the higher prices.
    Those little burns can be sore for days can't they, calendula cream is good.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!
      I swear by ice. It doesn't hurt at all this morning, not even when I press on it. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Well done on the weight loss - now you can enjoy your lunch out:-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks. Janice. It was a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  7. Well done on winning the raffle yet again. A Mother's Day lunch a week late sounds just perfect, less crowds, better service and no doubt no inflated prices either. I hope you have a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your lunch in much quieter surroundings than it would have been last week. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy but it wasn't heaving. It was really pleasant. xx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the weight loss. I think I've gained what you lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - still, there's always next week, isn't there?
      Thanks - I was pleased although the meal yesterday may have rather put the clappers on much of a gain this week. Still, we can but try! xx

      Delete
    2. I mean much of a loss, of course. lol!

      Delete
  10. Lunch out sounds like a nice treat. I hope you all had a lovely time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thanks, very pleasant indeed. xx

      Delete
  11. Ouch!! D knows that oven pain. She has a couple of marks from past experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really sore at first, isn't it. Pretty much all gone now though - not a bad burn at all. xx

      Delete