Sunday 28 November 2021

Sunday

 Good morning, everyone!
Brrrr - I've just been out to the shed to get the day's supplies from the freezer and, while the wind has died down considerably, it feels very cold out there.  I was glad to get back in again.

I think we have been very lucky with the weather around here over the last few days.  No really bad winds and no snow, just sleet and not much of that either.  Something we haven't been too lucky with is that I read somewhere this morning that two people in the UK have been diagnosed with this new variant and one of them lives around here.  Yippee-doo!
Yet more reason to keep being very careful, wear my mask and avoid gatherings of people as much as possible.

As hoped for, yesterday was a gentle day.  I did some wrapping of gifts, loads of knitting, some housework, some reading and plenty of telly including catching up on Who Do You Think You Are on iPlayer. 
I looked in on the Goldster class and it was fine - not as challenging as my sessions with Lindsey but I didn't expect it to be.  I'm beginning to think that I may very well continue membership for a while (this first month is free) as I do seem to be getting quite a lot out of it.

Today starts with a disappointment.  I was going over to Beth and Al's for lunch but Al messaged me yesterday to say that Beth has 'the lurgy' so please could we cancel it as she was worried about passing it on to me.  To my anxious inquiry, he confirmed that it was not Covid, thank goodness, just a stomach upset by the sound of it.

I don't intend to go out today.  Apart from the fact that it is expected to be very cold, there are enough things to keep me happy indoors. 
I want to give another Goldster class a try; today it is (don't laugh), Contemporary Ballet.  It says it is 'a class of low impact, full-body exercises, set to music, aimed at promoting good posture, balance, coordination and concentration.'   If you ignore the word 'Ballet', it sounds just the ticket so fingers crossed.
I have more wrapping to do and want to work out properly what else I need to get.  I have some ironing and some tidying up and, with just three days to go in November, I am starting to look forward much more to starting all the Christmas stuff - Advent calendars (in the plural!), the candle and the things I plan to do from day to day in order to make this home Christmas-ready!  Not to mention Christmas jumpers, etc.  And starting my Blogmas stuff in here.  That's another thing I want to do today - sort out some more Christmas music!

Actually, it sounds quite a busy day, doesn't it, but all very pleasant and happy. 

Have a lovely day, everyone, whatever your plans and, as always, stay safe, warm and content.  xx


14 comments:

  1. The Government initially (incorrectly) reported Chelmsford as a location of the new variant which as a fellow resident got me worried. They then changed it to Brentwood (reported as Brentford Essex in the Daily Mail!!) not a million miles away from us but it does make me worried that they can get something as simple as a name wrong !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - I saw Chelmsford. It got me a bit concerned too.
      Typical Daily Mail but the government source should not have made such a mistake.
      Thanks for letting me know.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely day wrapping presents. I am the worlds worst wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not brilliant but shiny bows cover a multitude of sins! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Contemporary Ballet sounds like a fun way to exercise so hope you enjoy the session. There was a series of classes, now finished, led by Wayne Sleep and they were brilliant ... definitely enough of a challenge for me.

    The new variety is worrying. I'm glad I had my booster yesterday even though I do feel like I've been kicked by a mule today!

    Sorry to hear Beth is poorly and wish her a speedy recovery. Hope you have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, thanks. It seemed quite simple but, as is often the case with that type of exercise, more challenging than it seems. I'll be looking out for it next week.
      I'm sorry I missed the Wayne Sleep classes - I can imagine they were fantastic.
      Thanksxx

      Delete
  4. I have decided to wrap as I go this year. I'm hoping it will save on my usual late night hurried attempts. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm trying to do - it makes more sense. I just have to make sure I write everything down as I do it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. How was the ballet class? I bet it was fun but hope you don't ache too much tomorrow. This new covid bug us a bit scary and we will be doing everything within our power to avoid picking it up. I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas prep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. Deceptively simple but I felt I'd had a workout.
      It is a bit worrying - it remains to be seen whether it is a 'nasty' variant or just a bit of a nuisance.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope Beth feels better soon. Sorry you had to cancel your visit but probably for the best. It sounds like you had a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good day, thanks. Most enjoyable.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I hope Beth feels better very soon.

    The new variant has been found in Ottawa, Ontario and I have a feeling there will be more cases soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete