Sunday 2 February 2020

Sunday

Good morning.
There's really not much to write about so this will be a quick one.  Dad is very well at present, which is nice.  We chat a lot and things are going well.

Also going well is the knitting.  I like this yarn and it's knitting up well.  Forgive the bumps and lack of 'flatness', it hasn't been pressed out yet and I need to check the instructions on the ball band before I do so.


Today is more of the same really.  While Dad's out at church, I will prep dinner, etc, and then probably go for a walk around.  Also, I'm making him a chicken curry to freeze in single portions - he likes my curries as they have much more ooomph that the ready meal ones (he says).

Have a good day.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day with your father. The knitting is looking great. Do you soak and block your knits? I find it evens out any bumpiness for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the yarn. This one specifically states to never press wet but I can use a cool dry iron so that's what I will do.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your knitting is looking great and so very neat.
    I'm sure your dad will appreciate your cooking for him. A homemade curry will be far tastier than any ready meal.
    I'm hoping to get out for a walk later today too. Enjoy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curry is now cooling in six portions. That'll keep Dad going for a while.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The knitting is beautiful, such lovely colours, I'd choose that myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I love the colours too. There's more grey that I thought there would be but I don't mind that at all.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love the colours you've chosen. Is it a jumper?

    I hope you enjoy your walk if you do get out. It's rather windy here today so my walk felt like more of a work out than it would normally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a jumper, quite simple really but with garyer stitching top and bottom. It's nice.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love self striping yarn. Whoever came up with it is a genius! I really like that colour combination. I don't have the patience/time to knit jumpers at the moment but get my fix by knitting socks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good idea, isn't it. I tried to get the front and back to match but, undortunately, it hasn't. Never mind.
      I'm hoping to knit some socks next if I can get my pattern back from the friend who has borrowed it. I've got the yarn.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's a really pretty colour yarn. Look forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it and it's got a good feel to it as I knit it up too.
      xx

      Delete