Tuesday 8 January 2019

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's very nice to be back home again, much as I love my mum and dad and their lovely, comfortable home.  It's also nice to be back in routine again.

After a very easy journey home yesterday, I got all the usual settling back in tasks done, meals sorted, planning checked and so on before popping out to school to do my bit.  It was nice to catch up with others.  Tuition was great too so all very satisfying.

Two parcels arrived.  One was some stationery that I'd ordered and the other was clothes from Cotton Traders as I fell for a few things in their sale.  However, the jeans I ordered are the next size down which I hope will be my forever size and I could get them on AND do them up!  OK, so they were a bit tight and I wouldn't go out in them yet but wow!  Most encouraging and just what I need to keep me on the straight and narrow path in the next few months.

Today the lovely Sharon comes here first thing to work her usual magic on my hair.  It's long overdue as you may remember I had to cancel my appointment before Christmas, so it will be great to feel less like a yeti and more like a human being again.

I'm hoping Beth will be round.  She hasn't confirmed this and it doesn't matter one way or another but she usually does and it'll be good to catch up on things.  Then tuition finishes the day off nicely!

Christmas tree day today.  Sad, sad, sad!  :-)

When I started writing this, I thought today was a lazy day but actually it isn't, not really, it's got some good things going for it.  Works for me!  Better get going with my usual trip to the freezer to get out what I need and then it is time for my second coffee, I think!
Have a lovely day, one and all.
xx

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the jeans on and doing them up! We like Cotton Traders, there's one of their stores in the Clarks Outlet Village (discount shopping centre) at Street down here, we pop in there a couple of times a year as they have some good bargains. I'm having my hair cut as well today, my lovely neighbour friend Heather is a hairdresser (very fortuitous for me!). Can't wait, I feel like a shaggy dog. Have a good day, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I'm just waiting for her to arrive now.
      I like Cotton Traders for everyday things. They wear well and, as you say, and be great value.
      Have a good day too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I must live near Sooze as I'm fairly close to Street and the Outlet Village. Well done on fitting into the jeans .. that should give you some encouragement to stay on plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has done, Eileen. A very strong motivation.
      xx

      Delete