Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Wednesday, 05-08-26

Morning, everyone!
I'm a bit late today.  Excuses later!  😀

Yesterday went OK.  It started off fairly cool but by the afternoon it was very humid, a strong wind got up and the clouds rolled over and I really felt a storm was on the way.  No such luck - by evening the clouds looked less ominous, the wind had died down and the humidity had lifted (thankfully).

Sharon came, worked her magic and left again.
I popped to Morrisons to get a few things I had forgotten to get.
I made some chutney, not Alison's recipe but one with balsamic vinegar.  It was OK, I will enjoy it, but it's a bit bland.  Not one to make again.
I've not got quite a lot of tomato based stuff in the freezer and today I want to add to that with some peeled and chopped tomatoes.

This morning, I got my Facebook stuff done and then I went over to Lindsey's for personal training.  She asked me about things, adapted the exercises and finished off with a massage.  She thinks that, judging by my reactions to the massage, I have a bit of a trapped nerve.  It does feel a lot better now, even if the massage itself was a bit uncomfortable at times, so that's good.

When I got home, I watered the tomatoes and then set to cutting back some more leaves on the tomato plants.  If we do get rain (yes, please), it will help keep the plants aired and blight free.

They don't look nearly so nice now and are a bit top heavy so I will need to keep an eye on that, but 
the tomatoes will get better light and, as I said, better air through.

Then I sat down with coffee and have only just remembered my blog.  Ooops.

There's nothing else in the diary for today but I want to start packing for Friday and Five Lakes.  Only two more days, yay.
My lovely neighbour says she will water the garden which is so kind of her given the hosepipe ban.

So that's me for today.  Nothing very exciting but just plodding on is nice and peaceful, isn't it?  Have a lovely day yourselves too.  xx

6 comments:

  1. How nice that your five Lakes break is coming up.
    Out of the three varieties of toms I’ve grown this year Big Daddy are my favourite. Juicy and well flavoured raw they are even nicer lightly cooked.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not come across them - I'll try and remember to look out for them next year. xx

      Delete
  2. I have another hot day where I live, the forecast on the tv last night indicated we may have some rain by the weekend. Last weekend we had a storm with torrential rain, enough to cause major flooding in some areas. Mother Nature is very confused at the moment, isn't she.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is - the weather is weird and such contrasts. Drought and flooding . . . crazy. xx

      Delete
  3. I had to go through a checkpoint today to get onto your blog-no idea why. Glad your back is a bit better after the massage. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very odd - no idea why that was necessary.
      It's my shoulder really - my back seems fine, thankfully. Thanks. xx

      Delete