I made the first chutney I have made in several years, using a recipe from the ever-reliable BBC Good Food. Maybe I shouldn't have added the optional chilli and maybe I overdid the ginger but I like a bit of spice in chutney, it's actually really nice and can be used straight away.
I halved the amounts and it gave me one big pot which is perfect as far as storage is concerned.
So that's 500g of tomatoes accounted for!
I halved the amounts and it gave me one big pot which is perfect as far as storage is concerned.
So that's 500g of tomatoes accounted for!
I meant to have some with my evening meal but forgot. I've planned a burger this evening so it will be perfect for that!
I'll try Alison's recipe next although it won't be all Sungolds; I don't have enough of them and anyway I love them raw! :-)
Last week, I got a message from Virgin telling me my TV box was on the way out (that wasn't news to me) so please to order a new one. So I did, it arrived on Friday and yesterday I summoned up my courage and did the necessary. It should have been easy and, to 99.9% of the population it would have been but me - I'm the original techno-twit and it took ages. I got there though, finally, thank goodness. Now I just have to return the old bod to them, everything provided including return label.
Of course, I lost all my recordings and settings, but it wasn't long ago I had to change the zapper and lost them in the process then so there wasn't much to lose. To be fair, the new way to record is infinitely easier, once you get your head round it.
Of course, I lost all my recordings and settings, but it wasn't long ago I had to change the zapper and lost them in the process then so there wasn't much to lose. To be fair, the new way to record is infinitely easier, once you get your head round it.
I've just unpacked the Oddbox, which is left on my doorstep overnight. Lovely quality fruit and veg including a beautiful cabbage which I don't need but I will give it to Beth and Alex when I take come tomatoes over this afternoon.
This morning I want to spend a little time just tidying and sorting stuff and dealing with tomatoes (I might just skin and chop and freeze for chutney making at a later date) and then the day's my own. I have absolutely no idea what to do but I'm sure I will find something.
In the meanwhile, I will love you and leave you with hopes for a good day for us all. xx
Well done on the Virgin box, unfortunately I belong to the 1%! I'm not too bad with operating but setting up - forget it! xx
ReplyDeleteA kindred spirit indeed. It seems to be functioning fine now, thank goodness. xx
DeleteI went out to hang out bedding and ended up deadheading all the pots and pulling up weeds from the gravel! Now having lunch and reading blogs. Catriona
ReplyDeleteThat sounds nice. It's very hot at the moment and I am staying in, curtains drawn and fans on. Enjoy the rest of your day. xx
DeleteI would be at a complete loss with that box 😂
ReplyDeleteIt’s a bumper year for tomatoes isn’t it, I suppose they love this Mediterranean weather.
I often have to add a few ‘ ordinary ‘ toms to the recipes, like you I want to eat lots of the cherry type uncooked 😋😍
Alison in Devon x
I think mine are the best I have ever known. It's lovely, isn't it?
DeleteIn retrospect, the instructions for the box were pretty clear - but when it doesn't do what you expected it to do . . .
Mind you, it does help to turn the flippin' thing on at the back! :-D xx