Monday, 10 August 2026

Monday, 10-08-26 edited

Morning, all.  It is 11:30.  I'm home, unpacked, everything away, over a kilo of tomatoes picked and passata made, all bar sieving, one load of washing in and a coffee by my side.
It was an easy journey home - sat nav took me straight through Maldon which was unexpected but fine and home end I saw that the road I was going to take into Chelmsford was chokka - red all the way, so I went a bit round the houses to avoid the Army and Navy.  I knew where I was going so that was OK.  It probably added fifteen minutes to the projected time but I'd have been stuck for hours otherwise so no worries.

It's been a lovely weekend, a really restful time.  It was hot but there's efficient air con so it wasn't a problem.  I have eaten well but not wisely!!  Back on the straight and narrow now.

I need to go to Morrisons to get a few things and Alex is coming round late afternoon for dinner.  Apart from that, it's a slow day and I'm going to enjoy it.

I hope your day is going well so far.  All the best and stay sun-safe.  xx

6 comments:

  1. This is my singing class morning and then some of us went for a sandwich lunch. Home now via Harry Corey’s to buy a new curtain rail for the front door. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds absolutely lovely. Did you find what you were looking for? xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - me too. There was a breeze but outside was still quite hot. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a lovely time away!

    ReplyDelete