Good morning! How are you all today? It was very hot yesterday and looks to be even more so today. Phew.

The flavour is different without the white but just as nice, even with a more speedy rise but very little hint of sourdough to it.
A little bit of forward news. While on the coach on Saturday, Ray was talking (over the announcement speaker) about the holiday in Ireland they have just taken a group of people to. Then he said Jan was in the process of arranging a trip to Jersey next year. I've never been to Jersey so I asked about it and, lo and behold, the first of next year's holidays sorted! I'll have to pay a deposit soon but it will be next month and finances will be back to normal again so no worries.
Today is exciting because I'm off into town to pick up my glasses and hearing aids. I'm not looking forward to the town bit; it will be hot and I'm using the bus, of course, but apart from the glasses and aids, I will take the opportunity to go to the Grape Tree and get some more mixed seeds and pumpkin seeds as I am right out, using the last few in the bread.
Fingers crossed it won't be too bad and at least I have my sunhat!!
See you tomorrow - have a great day and stay safe, xx

You'll be glad of the sun hat, seems hot at 7.25 already!
ReplyDeleteYes, it does. If I didn't HAVE to go into town, I wouldn't. I'll be home well before midday, thankfully. xx
DeleteHow lovely to have the first of next year's holidays sorted out. I hope the trip into town wasn't too taxing and you're pleased with your glasses and hearing aids.
ReplyDeleteAll those tomatoes . . . 😷🍅🍅🍅
I know - lovely, isn't it!
DeleteTown was hot but not unbearable and I was home by 11:30 which was good. xx
Glad you have managed to get a holiday booked for next year already. That will be something lovely to look forward to. I've not been to Jersey either so I will be interested to hear about your adventures there.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great crop of tomatoes already and lots more to come.