Good morning, everyone. It's another dull start to the day today after yesterday when it didn't brighten up at all. It's not cold though so no way am I complaining. Maybe some rain is on the way - let's check the BBC weather . . .
. . . er, nope, nothing in the next week or so. Ho hum! I am pleased to see the forecast for Sandringham has changed though; yesterday it forecast rain on and off all day on Saturday but now it says sunshine. Why Sandringham? Because I'm off on the coach to the flower show on Saturday, that's why. A rainy day, however welcome the rain is, would be dismal.
Lunch with Diane yesterday was absolutely lovely. Cressing Temple is quite a big area, not huge but enough not to feel crowded. We had lunch first and then meandered to the walled garden where we sat and talked - and talked, and talked and . . . laughed a lot. It was just lovely.
And when I got home, there was my shiny new tap, all installed and working. Just a tap, nothing more fancy. I'd love one of those fancy Quooker tap type things but that is well beyond what I want to splash out on right now. But if I ever have my kitchen done and I might, it's showing its age now, that's something I will seriously consider.
Do any of you have one? What do you think?
On go today and I've done the garden tour, coming back in with a handful of tomatoes and a mini cucumber.
I need to look decent by about 8:30 because someone will be picking up the car and taking it for its MOT/service. I know they will say new tyres, I was told last year that they will need replacing this year so that's an ouch to start with. Apart from that, fingers are very crossed.
To soften that, Chris and I are out for one of our infrequent lunches together. We've had to reschedule this so often, I can hardly believe it is still going ahead but the table is booked and Chris will be driving. That will be lovely.
So that is today - I doubt I will be doing any more than just the basics as far as housework is concerned so that's nice too. :-)
Wishing everyone a really pleasant day, wherever you are. xx
Enjoy your lunch and hope the car payment isn’t too ouchy. Catriona
ReplyDeleteThanks. It was picked up promptly which is always a good start but more so if it's first time using that garage. Fingers are crossed. xx
DeleteStill sunny and hot here and no rain for the next week at least. However our water bill wasn’t quite the nightmare I dreaded from all the garden watering so that’s something .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your lovely day.
Alison in Devon x
That's very good news, excellent. xx
DeleteA terrific wind, rain and thunderstorm yesterday. Welcomed as it help to clear the last of the forest fire smoke out of the air.
ReplyDeleteMany organizations where I live in S. W. Ontario. are gathering much needed items to take to Northern Ontario to help those who have lost everything.
This morning we have had a shower and it is cool as no trace of the sun yet to warm the air from yesterdays weather,
That must have been a magnificent sight. We could do with something similar round here>
DeleteI'm sorry the wild fires have been so bad. What lovely kind people you are. xx