Tuesday 16 April 2024

Tuesday evening, 16-04-24 - loadsa photos.

Evening, everyone.  I ought to be absolutely shattered but I'm not really, only the Prosecco induced kind which is quite different!

The day started very leisurely with several coffees and an early (for me) breakfast before I wandered down to the pool.  I tried to get a couple of photos without including too many people - not easy.



I had a really lovely swim and a good relax before strolling round the shops (again) and then heading back to the hotel for lunch.

A few more photos from my balcony.



In the afternoon, I strolled away from the village centre towards the Spa to find the gym, taking a few photos on the way.




The gym was rather nice.  Not big but big enough and it was pretty much empty.  The equipment had clear instructions so no problems using any of it and I gave myself a good work out of cross trainer, weights and a cool down on the cross trainer again.  The sort of thing I might do with Lindsey, in fact.
I'll have a go at the treadmill tomorrow - walking rather than running.  I need to build up stamina as Jen has persuaded me to take part in the Race for Life again in July.  


Then it was back to the hotel for a very welcome coffee before I went out again to wander along the very small beach and through the centre again as I could feel myself stiffening a bit.

This is the hotel/apartments, by the way.


Here's some photos I took on the walk.










Not it's evening and I'm going to shower, wash my hair and chill.  I hope your day has been good too.  Take care, sleep well and sweet dreams.  xx


23 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Joy, there's such a lot to see and do at CP isn't there, even without all the expensive stuff. All that exercise should mitigate any 'holiday' eating! Have a good sleep xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lot. I think if you were there with the children, you'd have to spend more and I paid for the gym pass but that was a one off for the whole time and I can go as many times as I want.
      You can't outrun (or outswim) a bad diet but, yes, it should all help! And - holiday . . .
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's the kind of holiday I would enjoy - some exercise, a bit of sight seeing and window shopping and lots of free time to relax! Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it too, Chris. Having a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place to visit. Look at all the different birds!! That pool looks absolutely lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Center Parcs is good for wildlife, I gather.
      Yes, the pool is great. It's what sold it to me and my little family nearly four decades ago and, while I don't do the flumes, etc nowadays, it's still a great load of fun.
      xx

      Delete
  4. It looks as though the weather is holding for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I'm sitting by the pool and the sun is shining through the dome. It looks lovely. xx

      Delete
  5. It's lovely that you are having such a nice time, the activity level sounds just right.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm cutting the gym today because I spent loads longer in the pool and am really tired. But I will definitely have another session tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  6. That little duckling is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he. I nearly missed him but mamma and Papa were nearby, keeping a close eye on him and I noticed them first. xx

      Delete
  7. Not sure where you are. I cannot keep up with your traveling lol. Also not familiar with the area. Have fun and relax Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at Center Parcs which is in Thetford Forest, Suffolk. Google maps would probably pinpoint the location. xx

      Delete
  8. I have missed some since you post in the evening
    Are you in hotel
    Resort
    B and B
    Traveling alone
    Sorry
    Love your blog as always
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem but it's still there in the morning too . . . :-)

      I'm staying in a self catering apartment in the Lakeside Hotel at Center Parcs, Elveden. Yes, on my own, although I'll likely be back in the Autumn with Beth and Alex.
      And having a lovely time. xx

      Delete
    2. Great!,,,, Brenda

      Delete
  9. What a lovely place to enjoy a vacation. I love seeing all the wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pleasant. I've been here for a number of breaks and it's always lovely. xx

      Delete
  10. What wonderful wildlife you've been seeing. Great views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given how many people there are on site, the wildlife is good. They do have a policy of being 'wildlife-friendly' as much as possible. xx

      Delete
  11. Great photographs, Joy.
    Centre Parcs looks amazing, with plenty to keep you busy. And it must be lovely to have so much wildlife close by. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best of both worlds really. So pleasant all round. xx

      Delete