Friday 29 March 2024

Friday evening, 29-03-24

Good evening, one and all.  How's things with you?  It's been another day of sunshine and gusty showers, very hard at times.  Fingers crossed tomorrow is a bit nicer.

I had a right laugh today.  I read my gas meter and logged on to send off the reading.  I always take a look at my payments and how much I am in credit; it was something around £400 last month which is a nice, comfortable buffer for if I fancy turning up the heating so I was expecting it to be around that still but no, dear me, no.  British Gas thinks I am £2,305.53 in CREDIT.  Wouldn't that be nice, eh?  I'm not, obviously, but it made me laugh.
Slightly more seriously, there was a message saying this.

"Your recent or upcoming bill may look a little different from usual
It may cover a longer period and show a credit for any payments you’ve already made on previous bills.
Additional credit balance from your payments might appear on your account ahead of the bill but you can be confident your account balance shown will be accurate once the bill is ready."

A little different.  OK, if they say so.
My last statement was Jan 3rd so I should get a proper one next week and then we will see.  
I'll let you know . . .  wouldn't it be nice if . . .  😉

Anyway, apart from that it has been a day of two halves.  This morning was Slimming World and then I went off to Sainsbury's to do a weekly shop.  Oh, my - I think most of the families in town had the same idea.  It was packed.  Never mind, it is all done now.

I spent the afternoon resting up.  I'm really very weary now and have a busy day with an early start as the coach leaves at eight.  Everything is ready, not that I'm taking all that much really as I am sure I will find somewhere to eat in Norwich city centre.  So it's an early night.
I'm not sure I will post tomorrow evening.  It depends what time I get home and whether I can get the photos uploaded so don't worry if there's nothing up.  
Sleep well - I know I will.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day out and hope the weather stays dry. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is nice and dry at the moment and, according to the BBC, it's going to be OK in Norwich. Taking an umbrella, just in case though xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lovely lot of credit.....if only! I hope you do sleep well, so you're rested and ready for your trip tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just. As you say - if only . . .
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope you have a lovely time. Norwich is such a lovely city. If you do get a chance to go to the cathedral check out the dragon carvings on the arched gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < makes mental note to self > Thanks, Sharon. I'm ready and waiting to set off in around fifteen minutes' time. xx

      Delete
  4. You will be well on your way now, if not actually in Norwich. It's sunny here, so I hope it is for you, too. Have a lovely day! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on my way! Well, the coach was anyway! It have been a lovely day, thank you. xx

      Delete
  5. Even though we are living in the computer age the utility companies seem to make a right bodge up of billing on occasion don't they?
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feeling exactly. I truly don't think I can be so much on credit although wouldn't it be nice if I were?
      We will see. xx

      Delete