Monday 18 March 2024

Monday evening, 18-03-24

Hi, everyone, welcome to the blog.  What a lovely day it has been, packed with small pleasures.

The sun was shining as I set off for Circuits.  We were a small group today, two of us to start with (plus Lindsey, of course) and then H turned up too.  It's much easier to feel energetic in the sunshine.  :-)
So when I came home again . . .

. . .  I opened up the garden room, uncovered the egg chair, swept off all the spiders' webs and moved it - like this.

And enjoyed my post workout coffee in the sunshine.

I had my breakfast outside too.  Lovely.

One of the nicest things, for me, about summer is being able to have my first coffee and my meals in the fresh air.  Bliss.

It was just warm enough while the sun shone.  Later on, the sun went in and it wasn't quite comfortable enough so I shut up the bifolds, covered the egg chair and came back in.

I changed my plans a bit after that.
As I had started a sort out in my bedroom, I decided to focus on that and get it totally done so I got everything out, sorted all my clothes, put the Arctic stuff (boots, gloves, hat, yaktrax, thermals) up high because I really doubt I will need any of them before next winter now, made decisions about what to keep and what to donate and packed the donated stuff in labelled black bags so Lindsey won't have to sort them.  They're now sitting on the spare bed waiting for when Lindsey starts asking for donations.  And a few things got chucked away but really not much - I was happy about that.
Once all was tidy again, I cleaned, dusted, swept and, finally, changed the sheets before sweeping the landing too.
I felt so, so good when it was all done - I love getting into a freshly changed bed, don't you?  And the old sheets are now clean and drying.

I walked and tapped my way to Morrisons for some milk as I had run out.  It was definitely feeling a bit chilly by then.  Then, finally, I made a batch of rice pud in Thermione - cheaper than in the slow cooker because it takes under an hour.

Tomorrow starts with the walk to Groove with Chris, tapping a few boxes as we go, and the walk back again afterwards.  
Then, after breakfast (outside?  who knows), I'm off to Beth's.  She is on holiday this week and is doing some clearing out too so I offered to lend a hand.  

Have you had lovely, springlike weather too?  I do hope it hangs around; I've checked BBC weather and it looks to be dull but dry so maybe the sun will break through - you never know.

Have a good evening and tomorrow, whatever you have planned.  xx



23 comments:

  1. It has been a lovely day hasn't it. It must have felt good to have coffee sitting in your egg chair. Let's hope that there are many more of those moments coming along now .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt - great. Very cheering. Sunshine does that, doesn't it? xx

      Delete
  2. Very chilly here for the last day of winter, just a couple of degrees above freezing. But no snow, thankfully! Won't be putting my winter woolies away any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are an long arm's reach away. What I have kept out is my oodies - I am finding them very useful for those colder mornings and evenings instead of resorting to turning up the heating all the time. I'll probably use them through the summer too - we can get some comparatively chilly days. xx

      Delete
  3. So wishing spring would show up here. Today we are well above freezing, but soon the temperatures will drop and we are going to get snow once again. Winter is just hanging on here.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. It's hanging around for ages, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  4. How lovely that you were able to sit out in the garden. That looks like such a lovely space. Snow showers here all day so no sitting out for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bliss and I do appreciate that, while it isn't a show-place, it's a nice garden that isn't too much work. xx

      Delete
  5. We had really warm weather over the weekend but today it turned very cold. It's hard to take the cold after such warm temps! Your garden room is lovely and you really accomplished a lot today. Hope tomorrow is just as lovely for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine the contrast is a bit too much for comfort. Hopefully, the cold snap doesn't last too long. You have a good day too, Debbie. xx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely spot for sitting in or out. The work involved in the summer house was certainly worth it. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. Now I have become accustomed to it being there, I am so happy I had the work done and so grateful (yet again), to my lovely parents whose inheritance made it possible. xx

      Delete
  7. I love your egg chair - it must be fun`to sit and swing in it. Sitting in the garden for meals and drinks is such a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. It's so comfortable and big enough to curl up in. xx

      Delete
  8. Looks so much much...I don't eat outside here in Florida...heat and humid...plus the tiny lizards...bugs, ants, not to mention other unwanted critters...that being said, the weather is great most of the time...a breeze off the ocean...clear blue skies...little rain...when it does, I want to sit on the patio...hope you enjoy your traveling...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so much like a soothing place...for some reason, I did not finish...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) No problem. We don't get the humidity that you get - not nearly as much, anyway, although it certainly has its moments. Fewer bugs too, I expect. It is a calming place to sit, you're right. xx

      Delete
  10. The top photo just screams Spring in the garden. Isn't it lovely to be able to sit outside and enjoy a drink, not that we've been able to do it here yet, but I have been snatching a few minutes on the bench when the sun is directly on it and then coming back in for a warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I'm so looking forward to warm evening sitting out, sipping a chilled white or some prosecco. Bliss.

      Delete
  11. How pretty your garden room photo looks. Isn't spring wonderful. Summer is just around the corner and you'll be able to sit in there whenever you feel like it. Definitely a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with it now I've got used to it being there and so very glad I was able to have it built. xx

      Delete
  12. Oh, how wonderful! I had forgotten all about your egg chair. It's not quite warm enough here yet, but I can't wait until I can sit in the garden with a cup of tea. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels a lot colder today, despite the sun. But no grumbles because - sunshine. Lovely xx

      Delete